Rural Electrification Authority Job Recruitment 2018 for Principal Communication Officer
- Write and edit in-house journals, newsletters, corporate and other related publications to enhance communication;
- Manage public relations activities;
- Implement corporate social responsibility programs;
- Manage the Authority website;
- Participate in the preparation of the departmental budget;
- Participation in creating awareness through public barazas, shows and exhibitions
- Complaints handling ;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sectional reports;
- Mentor and coach staff;
- Participate in the implementation of the performance management system in the section;
- Speech writing;
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Principal Communication Officer Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication and Journalism or Public Relations or Social Sciences from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in Communication or any other relevant field from a recognized institution
- Diploma in mass Communication or marketing;
- Membership to Chartered Institute of Marketing Certification or relevant professional body;
- Leadership or Management course is an added advantage.
Experience and Competencies
- Five (5) years relevant working experience, with at least 3 years at Supervisory level;
- Excellent Communication and marketing skills;
- Speech and report writing skills;
- Public relations and customer skills;
- Analytical Skills;
- Demonstrated Integrity;
- Meet the provisions of chapter six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Visit the REA website for the full details of the job descriptions, minimum requirements and requisite work experience for each position. Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates; All applicants MUST complete a BIO-DATA form which can be obtained from the REA website and send the same IN SOFT (NOT SCANNED) to the Chief Executive Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to the Bio Data form, submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates before or on the closing date. Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI). Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should reach: The Chief Executive Officer, Rural Electrification Authority, Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue, P.O Box 34585-00100, NAIROBI. On/or before 31st January 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: