RTI International Job Vacancy 2018 for Program Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for RTI International Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
RTI International Job Vacancy 2018
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universitiesin North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI International is currently seeking staff for the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Kenya Youth Employment and Skills Program (K-YES) in Kenya that aims to enhance employability of Kenyan youth (Ages 18-35) for increased wage and self-employment, underemployed youth who have not completed secondary school.
K-YES project is a 5 year activity that will result in increased workforce competitiveness in the sectors targeted currently implementing in Nairobi, Kwale, Kericho Bungoma, Garissa, West Pokot, Migori, Kisii & Nyeri Counties.
We seek to recruit a Program Officer to be based in Nyeri Office.
The Program Officer will support the roll out and implementation of KYES activities in Nyeri County.
The main activities is supporting in building the capacity of Vocational training Centre’s (VTCs), training youth on business skills and linking them to available opportunities to support them start or expand their businesses, support youth interested in agribusiness access KYES trainings and facilitate market linkages as well as working with both public and private sector partners in expanding economic opportunities for youth.
The Program officer will report to the county coordinator.
Key Responsibilities for the Program Officer Job
- To support the implementation of capacity building, Competency Based Education and Training (CBET) implementation and career counselling activities in VTCs
- Assist to organize Life Skills trainings and mentorship in VTCs and in the community
- Assist to monitor and supervise integrated business skills trainings, agribusiness and gender to ensure the TOTs and community facilitators deliver quality trainings.
- Work with produce off-takers, local and national buyers and other partners who buy produce to develop markets for youth doing agribusiness.
- Assist to link trained groups to financial institutions for loans and financial support especially KCBF and VSLAs
- Support in development of project partnerships and linkages to strengthen VTCs, Business service providers, off-takers, input suppliers, youth organizations as independent structures and county government.
- Provide ongoing support to formation of Nyeri Youth Employment Compact
- Support monitoring and supervision of project grantees and beneficiaries to ensure funds are used for approved activities
- Assist in preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and work plan development and confirm expenditures as per budget.
- Assist in identification and documentation of success stories, lessons learned and best practices from the field
- Support in project administration, logistics and finance as may be required from time to time.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the county coordinator
Program Officer Job Qualifications
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education / Administration, organizational / business administration, International relations, counselling psychology, social science or a related field.
- Strong project management skills and attention to details.
- At least one year experience working with private sector actors/ employers.
- Candidates with shorter experience but excellent academic records and proven ability to introduce new methods to a group of people can also be considered.
- Minimum of five years’ experience managing projects that work with the private sector and youth engagement related to introduction of new way of working through coaching, project management and reporting.
- Desirable skills for the post: Excellent report writing skills, negotiation skills and presentation
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7th October, 2018.
Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE and COUNTY in the subject line of the email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please Note: RTI International does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: