Royal Media Services Limited Job Vacancy 2018 for Radio Correspondent, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Royal Media Services Limited job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Royal Media Services Limited Job Vacancy 2018
Royal Media Services Limited is seeking to recruit a highly qualified individual for the above position. The job holder will be responsible for generating radio business news content, as well as create and implement various business news strategies. He/she will provide business news stories, features and other news related content to strengthen the Company’s programming, editorial and digital platforms.
Radio Correspondent Job responsibilities
- Generating ideas for news stories and news features
- Following leads from news agencies, the police, the public, press conferences and other sources;
- Generating ideas to head of desks , editors and producers;
- Researching and compiling relevant information to support a story using credible information sources such as the internet, archives, databases, etc.;
- Writing scripts for bulletins, headlines and special reports;
- Exercising judgment on the best story angle;
- Using portable digital audio recorders and other equipment to record material and appropriate editing software to produce complete packages for broadcast;
- Preparing material for both pre-recorded and live pieces;
- Filling stories from the respective county
- Developing and maintaining useful contacts and relations with news sources;
- Understanding and complying with media law and industry codes of conduct.
Qualifications for the Radio Correspondent Job
- Degree in journalism, mass communications or any other related field
- At least one year relevant experience as a reporter / correspondent in a busy media house.
- Excellent written and spoken Kikuyu, Kimeru , English and Swahili (Attach – Kikuyu, Kimeru, English and Swahili demo in mp3 format)
- An edge for news or features, ability for quick thinking, persistence, personal initiative and a good memory
- Sound knowledge of the local and international social, political and economic news-shaping environment
- A clear communicating voice
- Ability to report accurately and impartially.
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified, please email your CV, voice demo and an application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 9th September 2018.
Clearly cite Job Ref No. HRD/RAD/COR/09/18. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More