Royal Media Services Limited Job Vacancy 2018 for Business Editor, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Royal Media Services Limited job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Royal Media Services Limited Job Vacancy 2018
Royal Media Services Limited is seeking to recruit a highly qualified individual for the above position. The job holder will be responsible for generating radio business news content, as well as create and implement various business news strategies. He/she will provide business news stories, features and other news related content to strengthen the Company’s programming, editorial and digital platforms.
Roles for the Business Editor- Radio Job
The Business editor’s role will include the following:-
- Generate business news stories for all Royal Media owned radio stations
- Devise and implement strategies to continuously grow news audience numbers
- Manage the daily running of the Business News Desk
- Assign various duties to radio reporters and correspondents on the docket or beat
- Monitor business news-based content & feedback on social media
- Structure the day’s business news outlook and chair planning/strategy meetings
- Guide county correspondents on what to cover and how to package their items
- Edit business news items from reporters and correspondents
- Generate feature stories coverage plan and ensure bulletins have business news feature stories
- Ensure quality and timely business news content on radio and online
- Proofread script to ensure it is balanced, properly presented, free of errors and adheres to the company editorial policy and house style.
- Translate/transcribe script and audio as required
- Ensure adherence to highest level of integrity
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Impeccable command of English and Kiswahili
- Strong writing and translation skill
- Competent editing skills using Cool edit, Adobe Audition software or equivalent
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Understanding of Media Laws & Ethics
- Self driven, assertive, punctual & organized
- Have a nose for news, widely knowledgeable & attention to detail
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty and loyalty
Business Editor- Radio Job Qualifications
- University Graduate in Communication or another related field from a recognized University. Masters degree in Communication or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in a reputable newsroom three of which must be in a senior position.
How to Apply
If you qualify, please send your application and resume to: [email protected]
Clearly cite Job Ref No. HRD/ RBE/29-2018 in your email. Closing date will be Wednesday 14th September 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE: