Rongo University Recruitment 2018 for Digital Communications Assistant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Rongo University Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Rongo University Recruitment 2018
Scale RU 7
The job holder will be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor and the Corporate Communications Officer for building the online community, administer and manage Rongo University social media channels.
Digital Communications Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Build RU’s social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other popular chat applications;
- Monitor social media and update accordingly, provide coverage of events (write articles, photos, etc of University events and functions);
- Ensure quality control of social media content;
- Participate in the development and implementation of a social media content strategy and management to increase webometric ranking of the University;
- Solicit for academic publications and conference/seminar attendance information from the teaching staff and upload them on the University website/repository
- Assist in the coordination of RU events and upload such events on the online platform instantly;
- Participate in the development and implementation of a social media marketing plan in collaboration with the marketing office;
- Build online reviews and reputation of Rongo University in collaboration with the marketing office;
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, designs and strategy;
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time by the Vice Chancellor.
Qualifications for the Digital Communications Assistant Job
- A Diploma in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Be able to demonstrate evidence of creativity in social media (providing links to profiles
- will be an added advantage).
- Be proficient in Computer Applications (MS Office, etc);
- Display in-depth knowledge and demonstrable understanding of social media platforms,
- webometrics, search engine optimization techniques, their respective participants (Face book, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc
How to Apply
For each of these positions, ten (10) copies of application should be submitted together with copies of updated curriculum vitae giving details of applicant’s age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, present position and salary, telephone contact, name and address of three (3) referees, plus copies of certificates and testimonials.
The reference number of the position applied for MUST be indicated on the application letter and on the envelope.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Administration, Finance and Planning
P.O. Box 103-40404
so as to reach him on or before 8th June, 2018.
Applicants are advised to contact their referees and request them to send reference letters to the above address on sealed envelopes not later than 8 th June, 2018. Late applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Rongo University is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disability and those of female gender are encouraged to apply.
For further details and requirements please visit the Rongo University website www.rongovarsity.ac.ke (vacancies)
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: