Reputable Job Vacancy For Internal Audit Manager, Application Details
Our Client, in the NGO sector seeks to recruit an Internal Audit Manager. He/she will be in charge of ensuring an independent systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of policies, procedures and standards designed to add value and improve operations.
Also, the incumbent will be responsible for providing reasonable assurance that compliance with donor requirements, internal control, corporate governance and risk management systems are functioning as intended.
Table of Contents
Internal Audit Manager Job Responsibilities
- Schedule, prepare and avail accurate and timely reports, minutes and other documents for Board Audit Committee meetings
- Conduct periodic awareness/training sessions to sensitize senior management, staff on their roles in implementation of policy and risk management, promoting an internal audit culture across the organization.
- Regularly provide senior management and the board with an opinion on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the internal controls in the organization
- Regularly report to the Board on significant areas of non-compliance to organizational policy or internal controls
- Actively monitor and provide feedback to senior management and the board as appropriate on the timely implementation of management or board recommendations of fraud prevention measures.
- Carry out reviews to ascertain that a conflict of interest policy exists.
- Regular review the conflict of interest policy to ascertain its adequacy and also assess the compliance
Review of Organisational Policies:
- In charge of developing Internal Audit departmental policies and procedures
- Offer timely support to management team in the development and review of departmental policies and procedures for all organization’s functions.
- Ensure that all organization’s policies and procedures are adequately approved and ratified senior management and the Board as appropriate.
- The incumbent will send periodic updates to senior management and the Board on the update on the status of all department policies and procedures.
- Manage the process of identifying organization key risk areas including identification of emerging risks
- Oversee the process of conducting annual organization-wide risk assessments to measure the likelihood and impact of identified risks, i.e. developing parameters, methods, and tools for evaluating, categorizing, and prioritizing risks- likelihood, risk consequence, and thresholds to trigger management action.
- Assist in the development of the organization’s risk mitigation strategy/ plan, proposing appropriate controls including the scope of management and other individual accountability and a monitoring plan, to ensure the implementation of the strategy/ plan.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting quarterly reports to the Board on risk management issues including the risk register and on emerging risks.
- Send quarterly updates to senior management on the implementation of organizational risk management strategy/ plan.
Sub Grants Support:
- Ensure that funds advanced to all sub grantees are utilised efficiently and that there is value for money and accountability is provided for all funds advanced.
- Technically support the development and improvement of guidelines for the management of sub grant activities
- Support sensitization/training of sub grantees on the organization sub grant management guidelines, clearly explaining to them the standards of accountability expected of them.
- Responsible for developing and implementing plans for follow up of sub grantee audit report actions.
- In charge of the regular review and evaluate the adequacy of accountabilities presented by sub grantees.
- Send regular reports on activity areas that require improvement in terms of accountability for funds
- Confirm that the planned activities (service delivery, procurement, distribution, storage, infrastructural improvements, etc) are carried out efficiently and effectively confirming that there was value for money
- Identify gaps and weakness faced in the implementation of the sub grant activities by sub grantees
- Make recommendations to improve or address the gaps identified and follow up these to ensure audit actions are being implemented.
Requirements for the Internal Audit Manager Job
- Master’s degree in relevant area such as Commerce, Finance or Accounting;
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant of Kenya CPA (K) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants of the United Kingdom (ACCA); and a member of a recognized accounting and audit professional body;
- Minimum of three (3) years of managerial experience;
- Proficient in Microsoft NAV dynamics software.
minimum of five years of Internal Audit experience in a reputable organization
- Detailed knowledge of audit procedures, including planning, techniques, test and sampling methods
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting and auditing systems
- Good Leadership skills
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – tactful in dealing with people
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy i.e. Proficiency in various Microsoft office packages and working knowledge of English
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: