RefuSHE Job Vacancy 2018 for Executive Assistant/Chief of Staff, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for RefuSHE job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
RefuSHE Job Vacancy 2018
Heshima Kenya is a nonprofit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya dedicated to identifying, protecting and empowering unaccompanied refugee minors, especially adolescent girls, through our specialized shelter, education and advocacy programs.
The main purpose of this role will be to offer management and support services to the office of the Country Director in a bid to enhance efficiency and service delivery both to the CD, internal and external clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communication/ Information dissemination
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CD, with other senior management staff, stakeholders, employees, and others, on matters related to the CD’s programmatic initiatives.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CD, internal departments and external client’s e.g The Board, partners, government bodies etc all in a bid to ensure transparent information flow to and from the CD’s Office.
- Reviews correspondence and drafts responses for the CD as appropriate by fact-checking all
- Communications, editing and proof-reading key documents as required.
- Assists in the preparation of documentation for Board meetings follow up on
- Correspondence related to the CD‘s meetings with funders, partners, and key staff.
- Supports managers in their communications and raising critical issues with the CD, and follows through to ensure that they receive necessary and timely responses and guidance.
Acts as eyes and ears to the CD by identifying and alerting him on potential problems or difficulties with program implementation in time for him to act effectively
- Maintenance of Calendar/Meeting facilitator
- Works closely and effectively with the CD to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Acts as a “barometer,” by having a sense of the issues taking place on the ground and keeping the CD updated.
- Completes a variety of administrative tasks for the CD including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CD’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CD’s time and office.
- Enforces rules for scheduling of meetings with the CD, and is capable of saying no to requests
- Works closely with staff to schedule, invite and prepare participants to attend meetings initiated by the CD.
- Prepares briefings for the CD’s meetings
- Captures main take-away points at key meetings, and works to ensure follow up and monitors progress of next steps
- Represents the CD in meetings and events as authorized by him.
- Project management
- Handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Supports the CD in monitoring & managing what’s happening in all programs
- Develops and maintain an inventory of the key projects in which the CD’s awareness and involvement is necessary
- Works with key staff to ensure the CD’s needs are conveyed, Project implementation is done in a timely fashion, and that demands on the CD’s schedule are understood /agreed on and at the same time, conveys the needs of these individuals and their departments to the CD for the requisite support to be accorded.
- Oversees (assess, plan, execute) special assignments and projects for the CD in support of
- Institutional priorities.
- Research, Reporting & Record Maintenance
- Conducts research, prepares analytical reports & assists the CD in developing reports, Presentations, speeches, publications, and educational materials.
- Prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CD, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response
- Drafts reports & correspondences on behalf of the CD
- Identifies and provides information and recommendations to the CD on issues and opportunities that could impact the organization’s agenda and the successful execution of the CD’s commitments.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems, recording meeting discussions etc.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Ensures the CD receives adequate information regarding different issues, for ease of decision making
- Diplomatically talks the CD out of bad ideas by pointing out consequences or bringing in new perspectives
- Serve as an ‘honest broker’ by understanding the preferences of the CD & ensuring he receives a full range of perspectives
- Set a process for monitoring potential risks & developing proactive policies to mitigate against the risks in question.
- Crisis Management
- Acts as the primary person to inform the CD of crisis
- Develops plans for emergences/a standard process for managing crises, including creating an ad hoc team to address the specifics of an emergency;
- Tactically rations and manages the CD’s visibility in crisis (personal presence shows concern and shows who is in charge)
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, communication/PR or any other related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position, experience working in the NGO field is a plus
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the CD, other members of the leadership team, the Board and committee members
- Must be well polished & cultured.
- Excellent presentation & report writing Skills.
- Must be computer proficient especially in Microsoft products including but not limited to PowerPoint
- Excellent scheduling, Organization and Time Management skills
- Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive materials and situations
- Must be flexible in work hours and assignments
- Strong strategic and analysis skills, excellent problem-solving capacity
- Must be able to interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of beneficiaries, staff, and stakeholders
- Ability to maintain organized records and filing systems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and conduct self with honesty and integrity
How to Apply
Ps: This is a re-advertisement and therefore, candidates who had previously applied need not re-apply.
Your application should be sent to the address below indicating the position applied for in the email subject by close of business Tuesday, 25th September 2018. It should include a cover letter & a detailed CV (as one document in PDF format) with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, names and contacts of three referees, one of which should be your current supervisor.
Ps: Please note that Heshima Kenya does not charge any fees for receiving or processing job applications. Heshima Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
NB. All applications should only be sent through the email provided.
Heshima Kenya/ RefuSHE
P.O Box 63192 – 00619 Nairobi Kenya
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: