Reeds Africa Job Vacancy For Factory Manager, Appplication Details
Our Client, a Manufacturer of Food Products is looking to fill the position of Factory Manager.
The Factory manager will be tasked with overseeing and managing all daily production operations of the plant and ensuring that policies and procedures are followed. He will be tasked with developing processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
- Meeting production targets at the right cost.
- Proper reconciliation of stock reconciliation and relevant reports
- Effective people Management and workplace organization on the shop floor.
- Safe Plant Operations.
- Engineering maintenance.
Table of Contents
Factory Manager Job Responsibilities
- Manage and Process Products by supervising staff; planning, organizing and monitoring work flow through the Factory, ensuring adherence to Quality standards and optimal returns.
- Implement strategies in line with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus and provide leadership to staff.
- To ensure health and safety provisions and regulations are complied with and the safety risks and hazards are mitigated.
- Ensure that the factory complies with Quality control standards such as Total Quality Management (TQM), the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Food Safety.
- Ensure that the Plant complies with local and international statutory and Regulatory requirements.
- Manage the manufacturing operations and ensure an Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) of 80% with an efficient maintenance schedule.
- Planning and organizing production schedules, ensuring the manufacturing process are run smoothly and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring compliance of operations with company policy as well as relevant statutory obligations.
- Planning and controlling of costs versus budget.
- Planning and controlling of resources (Equipment, People, Material).
- Maintenance of all equipment through inspection, cleaning & inspection, continuous care and preventive maintenance.
- Creating and maintaining a positive work environment for all employees, develop a mentorship & team development.
Qualifications for the Factory Manager Job
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Science. Diploma in Business Management a plus.
- Minimum 5 years proven managerial experience in a similar role, preferably in a FMCG set up.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources).
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Knowledge of GMP, Kaizen/TPM/TQM/Lean manufacturing techniques a must.
- Hands on experience with Quality Systems such as ISO:9001 and ISO:22000
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Apply here for the Factory Manager Jobs All applications should be done on or before close of business 10th January 2018 on link below Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: