Reeds Africa Job Vacancy For Demand Planning Manager, Application Details
Our Client, a Manufacturer of Food Products is looking to fill the position of Demand Planning Manager.
- Forecasting – Sales, Production and Material requirements
- Define and implement processes, procedures and supporting systems for logistics management.
- Manage warehouse operations through maintenance of stock control systems and ensuring inventories are accurate.
- Develop and implement Purchasing and Contract Management policies.
- Management of people and processes to ensure performance targets are met, as well as providing regular reports on forecasts, consumption trends and inventory counts.
Table of Contents
Demand Planning Manager Job Responsibilities
- Direct or coordinate production, purchasing, warehousing, distribution, activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, and safety.
- Direct the movement, storage, and processing of both inbound and outbound inventory.
- Develop strategic and operating plans to insure that the company has the appropriate resources to support current forecasted business and projected growth
- Communicate resource plans to gain consensus from Sales, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing that respond to current and expanding markets;
- Develop Manufacturing/Distribution models to determine and validate business strategies.
- Have a clear understanding of the company’s vision, objective & policies and how the Distribution function contributes to these.
- Review and periodically update supply chain policies and SOPs to comply with environmental policies, standards, regulations/laws.
- Manage transport and distribution costs by selecting transportation routes/means that maximize profit.
- Ensure timely delivery of company brands to customers and distributors; and keenly monitoring distributors’ inventory/ order cycle.
- Develop critical raw material costs forecasts and the corresponding budgets.
- Appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements.
- Provide System to support the production planning process with accurate, timely information.
- Ensure efficient use of storage space and mechanical handling equipment while meeting quality, budgetary, safety and environmental objectives.
- Providing regular and accurate reports and statistics to Management to aid in decision making.
- Carrying out stock take on a regular basis and reconciling physical stocks with records.
- Timely processing of export documentation and orders.
- Dealing with customers and distributors communication; and monitoring the quality of service they are receiving.
- Identify potential projects to deliver changes and improvements to the supply chain and commission select projects
- Execute product life-cycle (range) management (e.g. product introduction and phasing out, etc.)
- Manage vendor relationships (such as third party logistics).
- People Management: Providing Leadership, Coaching and development of direct reports.
Requirements for the Demand Planning Manager Job
- Bachelors Degree in Commerce/Business Administration (Procurement and Supplies Management Option) or related field.
- Minimum 5 years proven managerial experience in a similar role of Demand and Supply management, preferably in a FMCG set up.
- Excellent analytical and forecasting skills.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources).
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Experience in a LEAN manufacturing environment(s).
How to Apply
All applications should be done on or before close of business 15th January 2018 on link below Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: