Recours Four Job Vacancies 2018 for IT Assistant
Our Client Company was established in 1976 with main operations being retail trade in jewellery, African art, crafts, precious and semi precious stones. Its’ scope of operation has been both Local and International. They seek an IT Assistant for their Kenya Branch.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance in the use of personal computer hardware, software, and specialized mainframe technology or operates a multi-platform computer environment or monitors the production scheduling, execution, and successful completion of production jobs;
- Sets up and configures desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security level;
- Installs software and installs and repairs hardware and peripherals;
- Tests programs; updates antivirus, runs drivers, replaces broken hardware and machinery needed at HQ and shops
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate;
- Maintains systems, databases and web pages;
- Administers user accounts;
- Designs and produces basic reports; formats, sheets and runs barcodes on RMS
- Provides basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment (e.g. microcomputers, disk drives, and laser printers) and may assist with testing personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems;
- Acts as a customer liaison for the computing operation, communicating, resolving, and/or initiating the resolution of problems and concerns;
- Maintains records; of Return on Inventory
- Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required.
- Be on call for system maintenance- internet, faulty hard drive/ software
- perform administrative functions of Operations as directed by supervisor
- Configuring of hardware and software, setting up peripherals such as printers or routers, repairing equipment, and providing daily support for computer network users.
- Responsible for writing reports, tracking inventory, evaluating new technologies, negotiating contracts with vendors, and developing contingency plans in case of network failure.
- College graduate or equivalent with data processing training, computer operations training, or experience in a multi-operation system or production control environment preferred.
- Two or more years of related experience with computers and providing customer service in a technological environment. May require the knowledge of a variety of hardware as well as software, programming languages, and operation systems. Tested on appropriate computer skills as required.
How to Apply
Applicants can send their CV and state the position applied for in their subject of the email to us via email@example.com before 7th April 2018 . Kindly do not apply if you do not meet minimum requirements.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: