R4Kenya Job Vacancy For Sales Country Manager, Application Details
Our Client is the World’s largest producer of the world’s leading energy drink. As a Sales Country Manager, your responsibility is to build and lead the country team to deliver/exceed the agreed business results through processes and activities which meet Company standards
Table of Contents
Sales Country Manager Job Responsibilities
- Drives and develops the annual strategic business plan process which includes the organization/structure, ATL campaign, the BTL activities (sampling, consumer collecting), the sports/events activities and the distribution/visibility/sales plans for the market.
- Prepares the annual plans and the financial budgets / P&Ls in cooperation with the marketing and sales teams and the distribution partner’s management team.
- Drives and closely tracks the work of the marketing teams (direct reports and others) to secure strong planning and outstanding execution of the yearly plans.
- Supervises the distribution/sales achievements by working with the distribution partner management and the sales force. Ensures that the monthly and annual distribution and sales targets are met.
- Monitors thoroughly the financials (marketing budgets, turnover, liquidity, stocks, and investments) on a monthly basis and delivers the monthly and annual committed P&Ls in the business plan.
- Develops, motivates and trains the marketing/sales teams to ensure a high quality of effective and efficient work. Reviews the reports/plans/projects prepared by the teams and gives constructive feedback to improve.
- Tracks competition and market developments to proactively adapt plans and strategic direction quickly &effectively.
- Implements processes and structures without creating too much bureaucracy. Identifies local synergies and opportunities to avoid multiplication of efforts and maintain an efficient use of resources (people, funds,etc.).
- Works closely with the team, the international HQs, and the other countries: Share learnings and best practices, aligns plans, shares latest updates, re-applies successful models.
- Strengthens the co-operation with the advertising agencies and the leading international. Reviews the creative agency work and the requirements/developments of the communication material and oversees the execution of the work to ensure that they are in-line with the international marketing strategy.
- Ensures that the POS items are very well stored, maintained and handled by reviewing the local operational processes. Ensures accurate maintenance of the POS master plans in the market.
- Recommends and implements innovative solutions, ideas, processes, and breakthrough marketing/sales activities which will further grow the per capita consumption and/or improve the organization/structure.
- Ensures that the teams run effectively the key operational processes. Examples are 1) Weekly marketing and sales meeting with all key members or 2) Monthly presentation to the distribution partner’s sales force to show them the monthly key results/activities which will motivate them.
- Visits the markets regularly to check the brand’s distribution/ visibility/activities, to better understand and resolve the issues, work with the teams and identify value-adding opportunities.
- Runs the Performance Management System with the direct reports twice a year and secures that the same is done for every person in the team. Addresses performance issues promptly and appropriately.
- Develops training programs. Recommends training and defines business outcomes/value addition from training.
- Deliver all targets of the agreed Business Plan: value/ volume/control of operating costs, budgets, stocks /P&L.
- Ensure On-Premise standards are met: availability / visibility / number of contracts / % of total business
- Ensure Off-Premise standards are met (Retail & impulse): availability / visibility / volume & value share
- Establish product brand image to prescribed standards through effective management of all strategic partners while maintaining good business relations
Qualifications for the Sales Country Manager Job
- A university degree is a must
- A clear understanding of markets, sales & distribution, competitor activity and consumer behavior in an FMCG context.
- Ability to work through business strategies and implement them successfully, while managing the associated change & people processes
- Strong analytical ability and commercial acumen to understand financial statements and market trends
- Effective negotiation and interpersonal skills
- High standard of integrity with a passion for the brand and commitment to company values
- An entrepreneurial ’can – do’ attitude facilitated by continuous learning and application of appropriate ’best practices’
- Ability to effectively use MS Office and other functional software
- Balanced yet strong first hand exposure to premium sales, marketing and distributor management
- Ability to focus and follow through on priorities and deliver quality results
- A successful experience in a similar position of leadership & accountability, with strong people management skills and the ability to lead, motivate & coach teams
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing & sales management in the region
How to Apply
Applicants can send their CV and state the position applied for in their subject of the email to us before 9th February 2018. Kindly do not apply if you do not meet minimum requirements. Email:email@example.com
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: