R4Kenya Job Vacancy For Farm Manager, Application Details
Our client is the largest onion growing farm in Kenya that specializes in growing and selling fresh onions to the Kenya market. As farm manager will be expected to manage the farm proactively and ensure excellent returns, liaising with the directors. Key expected results: high yields of quality farm produce at an economical cost.
Duties for the Farm Manager Job
- Responsible for the management of all the operations of the farm both technically and administratively.
- These include and are not limited to:
- Develop and implement optimal farm plans
- Labour management
- Crop nutrition
- Prevention and management of crop diseases and other threats
- Water management
- Community relations
- Harvest and post-harvest management and sales
- Inventory management
- Train and supervise staff
- Responsible for setting performance targets and goals for the farm in
- consultation with the directors, and workto ensure targets are met.
- Provide technical and administrative guidance to all the staff in the farm for
- the attainment of the goals of the farm.
- Ensure there are adequate inputs and that machinery and tools to be used
- are in good condition.
- Ensure safety in all staff operations through adherence to safety regulations
- when carrying out farm operations;
- Prepare regular financial and administrative reports and forward to the directors.
Farm Manager Job Qualifications
- Horticulture management experience
- Leadership Skills(able to supervise a team of more than 30 workers)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical & problem-solving skills
- Team Player
- Self –driven and innovative
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Agriculture / Business Administration
- Good in record keeping
- At least 2years practical experience undertaking similar roles
- Must be computer literate.
How to Apply
Applicants can send their CV and state the position applied for in their subject of the email to us before 8th February 2018. Applicants currently staying in Nairobi are encouraged to apply. Kindly do not apply if you do not meet minimum requirements. Email: [email protected]
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: