PWC Job Vacancy 2018 for Agribusiness Technical Expert, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018 PWC Recruitment. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
PWC Recruitment 2018
PwC is truly a Kenyan firm with global links; committed to helping our clients meet the challenges posed by the global economy. In Africa we’re the largest provider of professional services with close to 400 partners and over 9000 people in 34 countries. This means that we’re able to provide our clients with seamless and consistent service, wherever they’re located on the continent.
Agribusiness Technical Expert
The Government of Kenya has adopted four priority areas to spur economic growth, create employment and transform the livelihoods of the citizens over a five-year period up to 2022. The four development priorities christened as the Big Four Agenda are Food Security, Manufacturing, Universal Healthcare and Affordable Housing especially for the Urban Poor.
Our Client is a government department that intends to play a key role in the implementation of the Big Four Agenda through direct interventions in the priority areas as well as leveraging its mandate to facilitate and enable state and non-state actors to achieve these priorities. To position themselves for this critical role, Our Client is currently prioritizing and streamlining their activities and programs in the following areas:
- Manufacturing: Commercially produce cotton to contribute towards increased local production for garment and other forms of cotton-based manufacturing and expand capacity in textile and apparels production.
- Food Security and Nutrition: Invest in large-scale farming of such crops as Rice, Maize, Sugarcane, Grapes etc. This will contribute towards eliminating the existing national production deficits for these crops and increase food security and nutrition.
- Solid Waste Management and Recycling: Explore solid waste management and recycling through a partnership with select County Governments in waste management and recycling.
- Renewable Energy: Contribute to harvesting solar energy to supplement the national grid through the development of a solar power park through Public Private Partnership arrangements.
To support the above programs, Our Client wishes to recruit an Agribusiness Technical Expert
Agribusiness Technical Experts will lead the identification and development of market opportunities for the produce in the identified value chains (Rice, Maize, Cotton, Sugarcane and Grapes). This includes supporting the Agronomy team in agribusiness development and marketing. They will ensure that agribusiness and marketing activities lead to the realization of project outputs and contribute to the commercialization agenda of Our Client, and ultimately in contributing to the achievement objectives of the Big Four Agenda.
Agribusiness Technical Expert Job responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Lead Agribusiness Specialist to develop a market systems approach to support the five value chains (Rice, Maize, Cotton, Sugarcane and Grapes);
- Develop and maintain a database of the key stakeholders and identify synergies that can further the programs’ objectives;
- Support the development of sustainable agribusiness and trade strategies that identify key local and regional market opportunities for Our Client to achieve their commercialization agenda;
- Work with the Team Lead Agribusiness to facilitate market-driven linkages between agribusiness producers, wholesalers, processors, markets and other stakeholders within Kenya;
- Identify key progress indicators, and undertake field monitoring and data collection for reporting on progress of activities;
- Monitor and report on market trends, system gaps, deficiencies and other analyses of the market system to support decision-making;
- Support liaison with key regulators and service providers that will enhance the effective operation of the market systems for the five value chains (Rice, Maize, Cotton Sugarcane and Grapes).
Requirements for the Agribusiness Technical Expert Job
- Master’s degree in agriculture, agribusiness, agricultural economics, agricultural marketing or other related fields from a recognised university.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional work experience in agribusiness development with an emphasis on two or more of the identified value chains (Rice, Maize, Cotton, Sugarcane and Grapes).
- Practical knowledge of market analysis, project cycle and Results-Based Management (RBM) is desirable;
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse sets of stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including demonstrated advanced ICT skills.
- Demonstrable practical knowledge of the Kenyan agribusiness industry.
How to Apply