Public Service Commission Recruitment 2018 for Technical Education, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Public Service Commission Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Public Service Commission Recruitment 2018
At Public Service Commission – Our Vision To be the lead service Commission in the provision, management and development of competent human resource for the Public Service. To transform the public service to become professional, efficient and effective for the realization of national development goals.
POST – V/NO. 8/2018
(Job Group ‘R’)
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 115,290 –Ksh.153,170 p.m.
Technical Education Job Requirements
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Senior Assistant Director of Technical Training, Job Group ‘Q’;
- a Higher Diploma in any of the following fields: Education, Technical Education, Engineering, Building Construction, Enterpreneurship, Business ICT, Computer Studies or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- a Bachelors degree in either Education or Education Technology from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Pure/Applied Sciences, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Computer Science, Engineering, Building Sciences, Petroleum Studies, Geophysical Sciences, Information and Communication Technology, Textiles/Clothing Technology, Hospitality Management, Business Administration/Management or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya plus a Post Graduate Diploma/Diploma in Education from a recognized institution;
- a Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Education, Technology, Business Administration, Project Planning & Management, Policy Planning, Entrepreneurship, Computer Science, Engineering, Built Environment, Information and Communication Technology, Textiles/ClothingTechnology, Hospitality Management or its equivalent from a recognized University university recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- demonstrated proven professional administrative and managerial competence in work performance and
Duties and Responsibilities for the Technical Education Job
- developing, reviewing and implementing policies, strategies and guidelines relating to national technical training;
- mobilizing foreign aid, grants and other resources for implementation of Technical Training projects and programs;
- coordinating Science, Technology, Research and Innovation development in Technical Training;
- coordinating capacity building programmes for Councils/Board of Governors and trainers of Technical Training institutions;
- coordinating skills audit survey and tracer studies for Technical Training graduates;
- providing professional guidance in the management of Technical Training institutions;
- coordinating official Technical Training functions and fora in liaison with other Government Ministries/Departments, Agencies and other stakeholders; and
- implementing Techical Training programmes in collaboration with other Government Ministries/Departments.
How to Apply
The details of the posts and mode of application can be accessed on the Commission’s website.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
Online through the Commission website
By completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s
Completed applications should be sent to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION P. O. BOX 30095-00100
So as to reach the Commission on or before 5th June, 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More