Public Service Commission Recruitment 2018 for Safety & Health Services, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Public Service Commission Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Public Service Commission Recruitment 2018
Public Service Commission Vision To lead service Commission in the provision, management and development of competent human resource for the Public Service. To transform the public service to become professional, efficient and effective for the realization of national development goals.
POST – V/NO.13/2018
Basic Salary Scale: 127,110 – Ksh.189,200 p.m.
(Job Group ‘S’)
Safety and Health Services Job Requirements
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- served for cumulative period of eighteen (18) years, of which an aggregate of at least three (3) years should have been in the grade of Deputy Director/Senior Assistant Director, Occupational Safety and Health Services, Job Group ‘R’/‘Q’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Medicine and Surgery, Nursing, Chemistry, Physics, Zoology, Biochemistry, Engineering, Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in any of the following disciplines:- Occupational Medicine, Occupational Health Nursing, Industrial Hygiene, Safety Engineering, Disaster Management, Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate in a specialized discipline in Occupational Safety and Health lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development course lasting not less than six
- weeks from a recognized institution;
- been a registered member of a relevant professional body(where applicable);
- member of Kenya Occupational Safety and Health Association; and
- shown merit and ability in work performance and
Duties and Responsibilities for the Safety and Health Services Job
An officer at this level will be in charge of the operation of the department and is the chief policy advisor on issues relating to occupational safety and work injury benefits at the national level. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- formulation, development and implementation of occupational health and safety policies;
- administration of occupational Safety and Health Act, Work Injury Benefits Act, and all applicable subsidiary legislation; Secretary to the National Council for Occupational Health and Safety;
- authorization of approved persons appointed under the Act;
- implementation of programmes in the department;
- liaising with international organizations, local institutions and other Government departments in regard to occupational safety and health matters;
- development, implementation and realization of the department’s strategic plans and objectives;
- preparation and implementation of the department’s performance appraisal systems and contracts; and
- overseeing the finances and assets management of the
How to Apply
The details of the posts and mode of application can be accessed on the Commission’s website.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
Online through the Commission website
By completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s
Completed applications should be sent to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION P. O. BOX 30095-00100
So as to reach the Commission on or before 5th June, 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: