Public Service Commission Recruitment 2018 for Director Debt Management, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Public Service Commission Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Public Service Commission Recruitment 2018
At Public Service Commission – Our Vision To be the lead service Commission in the provision, management and development of competent human resource for the Public Service. To transform the public service to become professional, efficient and effective for the realization of national development goals.
Requirements for the General Public Debt Management Job
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- served as Senior Deputy Director, Job Group ‘S’ and above in Debt Management, External Resources or Fiscal and Economic Affairs for a minimum period of three (3) years or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service, an international public financial institution or a renowned private sector organization that advises Government on debt/external resources management;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Economics and Stastistics, Economics and Mathematics or any other equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Finance, Project Planning and Management, Business Administration or any other equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate in any of the following fields: Public Debt Management, Policy Formulation, Project Management, Macro-Economic Analyses and Modelling, Financial Modeling/Reporting or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- demonstrated professional competence, managerial capabilities, outstanding leadership qualities and skills in corporate governance or advocacy;
- demonstrated knowledge and experience in operations of the money/capital markets as well as international financial markets;
- demonstrated knowledge and experience in policy formulation and analysis of fiscal risk relating to debt and contingent liabilities; and
- clear understanding of national goals, objectives and the ability to relate them to debt management strategies.
General Public Debt Management Job Responsibilities:
The Director General, Public Debt Management will be responsible for the overall management of the debt function.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- formulating, reviewing and implementing public debt management policies;
- advising thenational and county government on debt management;
- preparing and updating the annual medium-term debt management strategy and debt sustainability analysis;
- preparing and implementing the national government borrowing plan including servicing of outstanding debts;
- monitoring and evaluating all borrowing and debt related transactions;
- assessing and managing risks in national government guarantees and on-lending;
- harmonizing, aligning and coordinating aid effectiveness in line with international declarations;
- mobilizing development partners support; and
- preparing and disseminating country memoranda to market participants.
How to Apply
The details of the posts and mode of application can be accessed on the Commission’s website.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
Online through the Commission website
By completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s
Completed applications should be sent to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION P. O. BOX 30095-00100
So as to reach the Commission on or before 5th June, 2018.