Public Service Commission Recruitment 2018 for Assistant Director Technical Education, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Public Service Commission Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Public Service Commission Recruitment 2018
Public Service Commission Vision is To be the lead in the provision, management, and development of the competent human resource for the Public Service. To transform the public service to become professional, efficient and effective for the realization of national development goals.
POSTS – V/NO. 9/2018
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 94,850 –Ksh.127,110 p.m.
(Job Group ‘Q’)
Requirements for the Assistant Director, Technical Education Job
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- served for a cumulative period of fifteen (15) years, of which an aggregate of at least three (3) years should have been in the grade of Assistant Director, Technical Education/Principal Technical Education Officer, Job Group ‘P’/’N’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service;
- a Higher Diploma in any of the following fields: Education, Technical Education, Engineering, Building Construction, Enterpreneurship, Business, Information Communication Technology, Computer Studies or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- a Bachelors degree in either Education or Education Technology from a recognized University university recognized in Kenya:
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Pure/Applied Sciences, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Computer Science, Engineering, Building Sciences, Petroleum Studies, Geophysical Sciences, Information and Communication Technology, Textiles/Clothing Technology, Hospitality Management, Business Administration/Management
- equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya plus a Post Graduate
- Diploma/Diploma in Education from a recognized institution;
- a Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Education, Technology, Business Administration, Project Planning & Management, Policy Planning, Entrepreneurship, Computer Science, Engineering, Built Environment, Information and Communication Technology, Textiles/Clothing Technology, Hospitality Management or its equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution; and shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance results.
Assistant Director, Technical Education Job Duties and Responsibilities
- formulating, reviewing and impelementing policies, strategies and programmes relating to technical training;
- undertaking impact assessment of Technical Training programmes and projects;
- initiating and coordinating the implementation of exchange programmes;
- initiating development and implementation of award and reward schemes in Techical Training;
- monitoring and evaluating the implementation of Techinical Training projects and programmes;
- coordinating Technical Training Fairs, technology exhibitions and co-curricular activities;
- planning and coordinating official Technical Training functions and fora in liaison with other Government Ministries/Departments, Agencies and other stakeholders; and
- ensuring adherence to set criteria and standards in Technical
How to Apply
The details of the posts and mode of application can be accessed on the Commission’s website.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
Online through the Commission website
By completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s
Completed applications should be sent to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION P. O. BOX 30095-00100
So as to reach the Commission on or before 5th June, 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More