Public Procurement Authority Job Vacancy For Legal Officer, Application Details
REF: LO/6/2017 (1 POST)
Duties for the Legal Officer Job
- provision of legal services to PPRA on various matters,
- ensuring compliance with the legal framework,
- participating in the preparation of legal documents and briefs,
- handling litigation in court, preparation and analysis of cases for debarment hearings;
- other duties as may be assigned by the Corporation Secretary.
Legal Officer Job Requirements
- The ideal job holder shall have at least two (2) years relevant experience in a similar position or as a practicing Advocate and a Bachelor’s degree in law from a recognized institution. The candidate should be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya and a member of a relevant professional body. In addition the candidate should be computer proficient.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized institution.
- Post graduate diploma in legal studies from a recognized institution.
- Registered as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current practicing certificate.
- Served for a minimum period of two (2) years in legal practice.
- Certificate/transcript in MS Office suite.
- Must be a person of integrity, excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Ability to maintain confidence and trust regarding sensitive issues.
- Membership to the Law Society of Kenya.
- Possession of qualifications as a Certified Public Secretary (CPS) will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Note1: Applicants should note that an employee of PPRA can be deployed to work in any part of the country. Note2: All employees are entitled to the following benefits:
- Membership to Pension Scheme whose contributions levels are Employer 20% and
- Employee 10% of Basic Salary respectively.
- Insurance covers on Medical Benefits (Self & family), Group Life
- Group Personal Accident Insurance and WIBA.
Note3: Applicants for the position of Compliance Officer II previously advertised on 7th October, 2016 are requested to re-apply. Applicants who had responded to the job advertisement uploaded in the PPRA website on 24th November, 2017 to 27th November, 2017 need not re-apply. The application submission closing date has been extended to 24th January, 2018. Each application should be accompanied by a copy of the National Identity Card/Passport, PPRA Formal Application Form and attach copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents. All applications should be clearly marked “Application for (indicate the position applied for)’’, on the envelope and submitted on or before 24th January, 2018 in any ONE of the following ways: Hand delivered applications should be taken to the reception desk on 11th floor, National Bank Building, Harambee Avenue, Nairobi. Posted applications should be addressed to: Director General Public Procurement Regulatory Authority 11th Floor, National Bank Building P.O. Box 58535-00200, NAIROBI. Interested applicants must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenya Constitution and in addition must, get clearance from the following bodies:
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Self-Declaration Form acknowledged and stamped by Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; a
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Criminal Investigation Department.
NOTE 4: Clearance from the above institutions will not be criteria for short listing of candidates. However, short listed candidates will be required to provide evidence of clearance during the interviews. Formal Application Form and details of job descriptions and specifications can be found on the PPRA website (www.ppra.go.ke). If you have the required qualifications, please submit your detailed application to the address above by 24th January, 2018 quoting on the top of the envelope the job reference title for the position you are applying for. PPRA is an equal employment provider and all Kenyans in their diversity, including the youth, women and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply. We recognize that our strength lies in the diversity of our staff. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates are advised that any form of canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: