Protection International Job Vacancy 2018 for Africa Regional Director, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Protection International Job Vacancy 2018Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Protection International Job Vacancy 2018
Protection International – We are an international non-profit organization that supports human rights defenders in developing their security and protection management strategies. Protection International has been working since 2004 with local partners in over thirty countries across the globe.
Under its 2019-23 Global Strategy PI will decentralize its decision making processes and transform in a networks of Regional Protection Hubs. Each regional presence will be led by a Regional Director who will represent PI in the region and work under the direct supervision of Protection International Kenya’s Board of Directors.
The Africa Regional Director will be responsible for expanding PI’s work in the region as well as overseeing the sound implementation of projects, campaigns, initiatives and services in Africa in line with PI’s Global Strategy and in close collaboration with PI’s Global Team.
- Analyze the political context in the region and its impact on the work of defenders, identifying new trends and areas of intervention.
- Lead the development of PI Regional Hub in line with PI’s Global Strategy 2019-23 and in close collaboration with PI’s Executive Director;
- Plan and coordinate PI’s Regional Hub by developing sound regional strategies for PI’s support to human rights defenders which take into account other desks, projects and initiatives implemented in the Region;
- Ensure consistency between PI’s Global advocacy strategy and communication initiatives developed at the regional and national level;
- Legal representation in the region and ensure legal and administrative compliance of the regional hub;
- Activating legal representative in countries where there is no PI legal representative;
- Develop and maintain sound working relations with partners and donors in the region;
- In coordination with PI Global team ensure consistency and sustainability of funding streams and fundraising strategies across the organization;
- Oversee the sound administration of PI’s presences in the region and manage human resources in close collaboration with the Regional Board;
- Ensure sound financial management of the Regional Hub by contributing directly to PI’s annual global budget planning and its revisions;
- Contribute to PI Global learning and knowledge sharing across the organization Represent PI in national and international fora, productively engaging with relevant stakeholders;
- Coordinate with other PI Regional Directors;
- Oversee sound information and security management for PI staff in the region.
- Required qualifications and experience:
- Relevant academic background (international law, political sciences, sociology, among others);
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position or as an Executive Director of a national NGO;
- Sound experience and a proven record of accomplishment in management at regional level;
- Extensive experience working with human rights defenders and in close collaboration with civil society.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Commitment to PI’s mission and to the work of human rights defenders;
- Excellent knowledge of the international human rights system as well as of international, regional and national mechanisms for the protection of human rights defenders;
- A proven ability to plan strategically;
- Entrepreneurship and ability to work in a flexible environment;
- Management experience;
- Alliance builder;
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence others;
- Capacity to motivate colleagues and to assume leadership;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural team with respect for diversity;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French are required.
- Ability to travel in the Region and overseas.
One-year, renewable employment contract, governed by Kenyan law. Competitive benefits and gross annual salary in line with the sector, commensurate with skills and experience.
The position is full-time and based in Nairobi, Kenya. Candidates need to qualify for a work- permit in Kenya.
How to Apply
Send your resume and motivation letter before 15th December 2018 to the following email: [email protected] , mentioning “Africa Regional Director” in the subject line.
Include your name in the file name of your application documents, e.g. Maria_Smith_CV.doc.
Submit names and contact details of three references together with your application. Do not attach any certificates or references at this stage of the recruitment process. Interviews are tentatively planned for for the week 17th-21st December 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: