Practical Action Job Vacancy 2018 for Energy Advisor, Energy Internship Opportunity, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Practical Action Job Vacancy 2018Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Practical Action Job Vacancy 2018
Practical Action is a global innovator, inspiring people to discover and adopt ingenious, practical ways to free themselves from poverty and disadvantage. We are a registered charity. Improving harvests through planet-friendly farming innovations. Transforming lives through affordable, renewable energy. Reducing vulnerability created by climate change or disaster. Demonstrating sustainable ways to improve clean water access and sanitation. Unlocking economic opportunities that allow whole communities to thrive. Just a few of the ways we help people unleash their potential and protect our world for future generations.
Practical Action have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Business Development, Communications and Quality Assurance. Reporting to the Regional Director the role plays a leadership role within the Regional Management Team (RMT) and will be accountable for leading and managing business development, communications, M&E and programme quality in the East Africa Regional Office.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit Project Management
Deadline 21st December 2018
Practical Action have an exciting opportunity for an Energy Advisor. The role contributes to the delivery of Practical Action’s energy strategy for the East Africa regional office and primarily delivers impact for Practical Action through the consulting approach (PAC) of technical assistance delivery.
The Energy Advisor will be responsible for: project development and resource mobilization; project implementation and quality; and liaison and networking. The post-holder will work with the Practical Action global energy team and liaise with the other Practical Action offices in Africa and the UK in order to ensure that Practical Action’s energy strategy and specific assignment goals and objectives are achieved.
An experienced professional, you will have excellent knowledge and experience of off-grid energy access technologies, preferably around mini-grids and solar home systems and clean cook stoves.
You will also have knowledge and experience within the energy-agriculture-WASH nexus and demonstrate understanding of energy access issues in developing countries and knowledge of energy policy and regulatory approaches.
Knowledge and experience of one or more of the following: energy economic analysis and least-cost energy access planning; energy markets, enterprise models and bottom-of-the-pyramid delivery; rural development, community engagement, environmental impact assessment, social impact assessment and participatory methods will be required of you.
Practical Action is a global innovator, inspiring people to discover and adopt ingenious, practical ways to free themselves from poverty and disadvantage. With 50 years of expertise, Practical Action has a strong heritage, and track record of bringing communities and experts together to find practical, sustainable solutions to enable people to meet their needs, which work for both people and the planet.
Energy Internship Opportunity
- Job TypeContract
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Graduate Jobs / Internships NGO/Non-Profit
Deadline 13th December 2018
About the Role
We are looking for a qualified graduate intern to join our energy team. S/He should be prepared to work in a fast paced team environment and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of energy and community development.
Specifically, the intern will be tasked with supporting an ongoing study on the current status of clean and efficient cooking (stoves and fuels) adoption and market trends and a private sector energy actor mapping exercise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to ensure timely projects delivery and implementation in line with the approved work plan(s) .
- Undertake data collection exercises as directed and provide a critical and analytical review of data and documents from the research organization to asses and ascertain quality and adherence to agreed scope, methodology and deliverables.
- Participate in monthly meetings to discuss and present progress updates.
- Conduct desktop research on prospective donors, private sector and clients including newspapers and magazine review of opportunities
- Assist in the preparation and submission of Expression of Interest (EOIs) and proposals
- Supporting the preparation of knowledge products such as case studies, leaflets and technical fact sheets
- Participate in team meetings as required
- Undertake any other relevant duties assigned from time to time by the line manager.
- A graduate in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Climate change, Business Development or other relevant fields.
- Those with post-graduate qualifications may also be considered.
- This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili, with the ability to conduct research and analysis as well as stakeholder engagement.
- Some experience working in a similar role will be considered as an added advantage when choosing the best applicant for this internship position. PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience is required.
How to Apply
If you have the experience, skills and the ability we are looking for, please send your supporting statement that describes your suitability and updated CV by email to: [email protected]
We treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
Practical Action are committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in Kenya.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: