PPOA Job Vacancy For Regional Officer Jobs 2017 (2 Posts), Application Details
REF: SO/5/2017 (2 POSTS)
The role include assisting the Head of Regional Office in addressing complaints, reviews, development and implementation of procurement reviews (Audits), assessment, fraud and investigation strategies, guidelines and operation manuals; enforcement of recommended action plans; ensuring adherence to the mandatory reporting requirements to the Authority by procuring entities; preparation of mandatory quarterly and annual reports.
In addition, the officer will assist the regional head in overseeing the management and administration of institutional support services in the regional office, in line with work instructions as shall be provided by the respective functional Managers.
Table of Contents
Roles for the Senior/Regional Officer Job
- Procurement Audit: Reviewing / assessing various procurement activities to establish their respective levels of compliance with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act 2015.
- Queries: Addressing procurement complaints raised by stakeholders and providing solutions guided by the Act.
- Enforcement: Taking appropriate remedial actions against offenders who breach the provisions of the Act in consultation with the line Manager.
- Data Gathering: creation of central repository or data base pursuant to section (9m).
- Policy Operationalization: Interpretation of procurement policy, dissemination of procurement policy guidelines, and recommending on various aspects of the policy.
- Policy Review: Policy evaluation, and proposals on policy adjustments, deletions and addenda as necessary.
- Monitoring the performance of the procurement system by gathering data and making reports to the Headquarters
- Monitoring the preference and Reservation scheme and making necessary reports to the Headquarters in line with the Act, Regulations and PPRA guidelines
- Pre-Review: Preparatory activities for review cases to be undertaken in the region.
- Review: Activities during review of cases by ARB – ensure provision of administrative services
- Post-Review: Activities upon conclusion of review cases by ARB.
- Coordinating and undertaking Capacity Building, mentoring and coaching in public procurement in the region.
- Liaising with respective heads of the administration support services at the head office to ensure smooth administrative services at the regional office.
Senior/Regional Officer Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: purchasing, commerce, economics, law, engineering, information technology, or a related field from a recognized institution.
- Professional diploma in purchasing and supply from a recognized institution.
- Professional membership certificate from the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management.
- At least six (6) years relevant experience.
- Certificate/transcript in MS Office suite.
- Must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Ability to maintain confidence and trust regarding sensitive issues.
- A master degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Note1: Applicants should note that an employee of PPRA can be deployed to work in any part of the country. Note2: All employees are entitled to the following benefits:
- Membership to Pension Scheme whose contributions levels are Employer 20% and
- Employee 10% of Basic Salary respectively.
- Insurance covers on Medical Benefits (Self & family), Group Life
- Group Personal Accident Insurance and WIBA.
Note3: Applicants for the position of Compliance Officer II previously advertised on 7th October, 2016 are requested to re-apply. Applicants who had responded to the job advertisement uploaded in the PPRA website on 24th November, 2017 to 27th November, 2017 need not re-apply. The application submission closing date has been extended to 24th January, 2018. Each application should be accompanied by a copy of the National Identity Card/Passport, PPRA Formal Application Form and attach copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents. All applications should be clearly marked “Application for (indicate the position applied for)’’, on the envelope and submitted on or before 24th January, 2018 in any ONE of the following ways: Hand delivered applications should be taken to the reception desk on 11th floor, National Bank Building, Harambee Avenue, Nairobi. Posted applications should be addressed to: Director General Public Procurement Regulatory Authority 11th Floor, National Bank Building P.O. Box 58535-00200, NAIROBI. Interested applicants must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenya Constitution and in addition must, get clearance from the following bodies:
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Self-Declaration Form acknowledged and stamped by Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; a
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Criminal Investigation Department.
NOTE 4: Clearance from the above institutions will not be criteria for short listing of candidates. However, short listed candidates will be required to provide evidence of clearance during the interviews. Formal Application Form and details of job descriptions and specifications can be found on the PPRA website (www.ppra.go.ke). If you have the required qualifications, please submit your detailed application to the address above by 24th January, 2018 quoting on the top of the envelope the job reference title for the position you are applying for. PPRA is an equal employment provider and all Kenyans in their diversity, including the youth, women and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply. We recognize that our strength lies in the diversity of our staff. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates are advised that any form of canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More