PPOA Job Vacancy For Head Of Regional Office Jobs (3 Posts), Application Details
REF: PO/4/2017 (3 POSTS)
Reporting to the General Manager, Technical Services, duties and responsibilities shall include managing a regional office and, in conjunction with the respective technical functional Managers at the headquarters, to facilitate the development and implementation of strategies for monitoring, evaluation and reporting on the smooth functioning of the public procurement system with a view to ensuring compliance to the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015 and its attendant regulations.
This includes undertaking procurement audits and assessments in procuring entities; contract and performance audits; handling of queries and complaints; investigations and enforcement including offering technical support and assisting the Authority in debarment of offending bidders and guiding staff to perform other Regulatory roles .
As the head of a regional office, the officer will also be responsible for management and coordination of administrative support to PPARB in the region and may act under delegated authority as the Secretary to PPARB. In addition, the officer will oversee the management and administration of other institutional support services at a regional office, in line with work instructions as shall be provided by the respective functional Managers.
Head Of Regional Office Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: purchasing, commerce, economics, law, engineering, information technology, or a related field from a recognized institution.
- Professional diploma in purchasing and supply from a recognized institution.
- Professional membership certificate from the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management.
- At least nine (9) years relevant experience.
- Certificate/transcript in MS Office suite.
- Must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Ability to maintain confidence and trust regarding sensitive issues.
- A master degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Note1: Applicants should note that an employee of PPRA can be deployed to work in any part of the country. Note2: All employees are entitled to the following benefits:
- Membership to Pension Scheme whose contributions levels are Employer 20% and
- Employee 10% of Basic Salary respectively.
- Insurance covers on Medical Benefits (Self & family), Group Life
- Group Personal Accident Insurance and WIBA.
Note3: Applicants for the position of Compliance Officer II previously advertised on 7th October, 2016 are requested to re-apply. Applicants who had responded to the job advertisement uploaded in the PPRA website on 24th November, 2017 to 27th November, 2017 need not re-apply. The application submission closing date has been extended to 24th January, 2018. Each application should be accompanied by a copy of the National Identity Card/Passport, PPRA Formal Application Form and attach copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents. All applications should be clearly marked “Application for (indicate the position applied for)’’, on the envelope and submitted on or before 24th January, 2018 in any ONE of the following ways: Hand delivered applications should be taken to the reception desk on 11th floor, National Bank Building, Harambee Avenue, Nairobi. Posted applications should be addressed to: Director General Public Procurement Regulatory Authority 11th Floor, National Bank Building P.O. Box 58535-00200, NAIROBI. Interested applicants must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenya Constitution and in addition must, get clearance from the following bodies:
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Self-Declaration Form acknowledged and stamped by Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; a
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Criminal Investigation Department.
NOTE 4: Clearance from the above institutions will not be criteria for short listing of candidates. However, short listed candidates will be required to provide evidence of clearance during the interviews. Formal Application Form and details of job descriptions and specifications can be found on the PPRA website (www.ppra.go.ke). If you have the required qualifications, please submit your detailed application to the address above by 24th January, 2018 quoting on the top of the envelope the job reference title for the position you are applying for. PPRA is an equal employment provider and all Kenyans in their diversity, including the youth, women and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply. We recognize that our strength lies in the diversity of our staff. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates are advised that any form of canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: