PowerGen Renewable Energy Job Vacancy 2018 for Jr. Software Developer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for PowerGen Renewable Energy Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
PowerGen Renewable Energy Job Vacancy 2018
- Employment Type: Permanent
PowerGen Renewable Energy is a micro-grid developer, implementer, and operator in East Africa, reshaping the prevailing rural electrification model in the region. PowerGen is building the energy system of the future using clean, renewable energy and smarter grids to deliver power to all.
As a Software Developer, you will play a critical role in supporting the company’s software development, database buildout, and platform upgrades. You will work within a talented technology team to keep the company’s Software operations running smoothly.
You will report to the Software Team Lead and work closely across the Technology and Customer Divisions to build the tools we use to serve customers both in Kenya, and across all seven countries in which we operate.
You will play a critical role in keeping PowerGen’s customers connected across vast geographies in which we operate by focusing on the link between our smart metering infrastructure and our proprietary software platforms.
This role requires creative thinking about how established and new technologies can make a significant contribution to PowerGen’s mission of building the energy systems of the future in Africa. You will work with the Software team to implement these ideas on PowerGen’s current and future grids.
Roles for the Jr. Software Developer Job
- Support the design and development of the next evolution of PowerGen’s data warehouse that will support the company’s growth across the continent.
- Interact with the PowerGen Research & Development Team to design and execute pilots in cutting-edge technologies like machine learning, Artificial
- Intelligence and blockchain that will test new methods of serving our customers.
- Support in the Identification, prioritization and resolution of key software issues that arise across PowerGen’s software ecosystem.
- Support PowerGen’s O&M and Customer Support teams to identify root causes of metering issues and prioritize solutions appropriately.
Research & Development
- Maximize the value of embedded sensor networks to optimize service and operational excellence.
- Test and implement tools that increase the efficiency and reliability of PowerGen’s sales, service, and delivery of electricity to customers in multiple countries.
- Identify, prioritize and track the evolution of key technological advances that arise across the decentralized energy ecosystem. Use those developments to continuously improve PowerGen’s existing tools.
What Excites You:
- Tackling big, thorny problems with smart technology that will transform the African energy sector
- The opportunity to become a technical expert in an area that might be previously unfamiliar to you
- A fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and individual initiative is expected
- Autonomy to implement your creative solutions – not just generating ideas, but committing the time, creativity, and skill to make them actually happen
- Excellence – in your peers, in your work, and in our company’s commitment to our customers
- Passion for organization, details, and precision in all you do
Jr. Software Developer Job Requirements
- 2-4 years of testing and delivering comms and / or Software solutions in the world’s most difficult environments
- Failure in a team or project delivery and the lessons you learned along the way, including root causes
- Excellent communication with peers, managers, and junior developers
- Critical thinking & problem solving
- Ability to design, implement, analyze a technical experiment
- Ability to prioritize team workflow and manage project implementation
- Interest in / knowledge of Internet of Things (IoT) based solutions and enabling platform
- Communications systems testing and debugging
- Integrating 3rd party systems with MNO or mobile money aggregator systems
- Designing, building and managing multi-component systems
- Developing or managing communications for remote sensing/actuation
- Data science and analysis
- Linux and Windows based systems (local and cloud)
- Design and development (end-to-end) of software (web-based & mobile applications)
- Systems testing and debugging
- Design and implementation of SQL & NoSQL Databases
- Design and building APIs
- Software documentation
Education: Education: B.S. or M.S. in a relevant field such as electrical engineering, computer science, communications engineering, systems engineering, energy engineering
Benefits and Compensation
- Competitive annual compensation
- Annual holiday bonus
- Medical insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional development opportunities internally and externally
- Performance feedback and open-door company culture
- Team building and company-wide events
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic team of brilliant people passionate about electrifying East Africa!
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: