PowerGen Job Vacancy For Senior Engineering Associate, Application Details
You will be responsible not only for the designing of solar systems, micro-grid systems and Grid extensions, but also for seeing projects through to completion and interface with other project execution teams.
As the Senior Engineer you will be a member of the Engineering team. This team is one of the four Project Executional Teams, and you would work closely with the other teams (Supply Chain, Installation and Production) to ensure successful delivery of projects.
You will report to the Engineer Manager and work closely with other graduate engineers and Engineering Associates to cover the team’s principal responsibilities of power generation design, distribution design, technical analysis, technical recommendation and Bills of Material creation.
A significant component of the job requires utilization of PowerGen’s ERP system (NetSuite) to generate the Bills of Materials for the various Projects and Micro-grids.
What You’ll Make Happen
- Support in Designing solar systems and Low Voltage distribution networks to suit the needs of EPC projects and off-grid communities based on data received input from Project Execution or Project Managers.
- Provide technical specifications for purchasing equipment and materials.
- Support in preparing BOMs and drawings for various projects.
- Coordinate with the Installation team to ensure successful implementation of all projects.
- Support in as-built BOMs and drawings for various contractor sites.
- Support in analytical work in such is a way that is communicable to your clients and colleagues.
- Support Project Execution in site surveys, reporting, inspection and commissioning of solar systems around East Africa.
- Ensure that mini-grids are designed and deployed in adherence to required mini-grid standards
- A fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and individual initiative-taking is encouraged.
- Working in the renewable energy sector.
- Having autonomy to implement your creative solutions – not just coming up with ideas, but possessing the commitment and skill to implement them.
- Opportunity to grow and develop a passionate and committed team.
- Having the opportunity to manage a product or a project from concept to actual product or commissioning.
- Passion for organization, details, process generation and precision in all you do.
- 4-6 years’ work experience in East Africa.
- University degree in Electrical, Mechatronics, or Energy or related Engineering field.
- Member of the Engineering Board of Kenya.
- Member of the Institution of Engineers of Kenya.
- Experience at an early-stage, rapidly growing company and managing a growing team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Passion for engineering technical systems, and the ability to quickly learn electrical systems.
- Expert AutoCAD skills required.
- Work experience in East Africa or another emerging market.
- Proven strong client management skills.
- Some Experience in the energy, clean tech or utility sectors will be an advantage.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Fluency in English and Swahili, both in written and oral communication.
- Experience working in the Kenya Electric Utility sector will be an added advantage
- Valid Drivers’ License.
- Intelligence and eagerness to learn.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
- Enthusiasm in working for the field of renewable energy!
- Experience using software’s like Homer, Netsuite or Xendee will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: