Porticus Job Vacancy 2018 for Programme Manager, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Porticus Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Porticus Job Vacancy 2018
Porticus is the international organisation that manages and develops the philanthropic programmes of charitable entities established by Brenninkmeijer family entrepreneurs. Our work builds on the heritage of charitable engagement of Clemens and August Brenninkmeijer, the two brothers who founded the clothing retailer C&A in 1841. We collaborate with partners around the globe to foster human dignity, social justice and sustainability.
Working within Porticus’ areas of education, society, faith and care, as well as in the fields of economic development and climate change, we aim to contribute to systemic social change by combining our global expertise with our grassroots networks all over the world. Porticus currently operates twelve offices on five continents and annually supports more than 2,000 partner organisations in over 90 countries.
We are looking for a Programme Manager as part of our regional team Africa in Nairobi, Kenya.
The key responsibilities revolve around:
- Programme development
- Research and development grants
- Building relationships
The Programme Manager will provide intellectual leadership in the field of Education across the Eastern, Central and Southern regions of Africa. They will work closely with Programme and Grant Managers in Africa and colleagues in other offices to advance the foundation’s agenda and goals in the field of education and learning. The Programme Manager is also expected to develop transparent collaborative relationships and networks with partners and education stakeholders (state and non-state). The Programme Manager should have a track record in promoting effective communication of project results and developing learning strategies related to the achievement of the education portfolio’s goals. The Programme Manager will also be expected to facilitate entrepreneurial and innovative thinking to help generate impact through strategic philanthropy.
The position reports to the Regional Director of Porticus Africa.
Education, Knowledge/Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree; PhD an advantage
- At least 10 years of professional programming experience in the field of education in Africa
- Strong proven interest in the subject of Whole Child Development and Early Childhood development
- Demonstrable analytical and research skills with proven experience with quantitative research and research methods
- Experience working on monitoring, evaluation and learning; experience using M&E systems is desired
- Significant relevant work experience with strong networks and contacts, as well as a broad background with deep comprehensive understanding of program design and development, systems, networking and community change
- Strong organizational skills including ability to prioritize and manage time
- Ability to work and interact with people from diverse, professional, social and cultural backgrounds
- Fluent in written and oral English; French added advantage
- You will find a more elaborate job description on our website: https://www.porticus.com/en/jobs.
- Please apply before November 19th. Relevant applications will be shared with Deloitte, our search partner in Nairobi who are supporting us in this specific search. In the event that your qualifications meet our needs and we wish to arrange a personal interview, a Deloitte consultant will contact you by email or phone.
- The position is full-time and based in our office in Nairobi, Kenya.
- You will be part of a larger highly diverse international organisation.
- A written assessment will be part of the recruitment procedure.
- Reference checks are part of the final hiring procedure.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Porticus career website on www.porticus.com to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: