Population Council Recruitment 2018 for Human Resource Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Population Council Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Population Council Recruitment 2018
Population Council seeks an experienced professional to serve as a Human Resource Officer (HRO) in its Nairobi, Kenya office.
The position provides key support to legal, ethical, organizational and personnel issues related to human resources within PC Kenya office.
In close consultation with the HR team in New York and the Country Director, the HRO will coordinate and ensure the proper entry and exit management of staff in line with Kenya labor laws and PC policies and procedures; ensure that performance appraisals are conducted in timely and effective manner.
S/he will be responsible for the oversight of PC Kenya’s human resource systems/processes, standards, policies and procedures, ensure compliance with all regulatory authorities’ policies and consistency with PC global HR policies and strategies, while maintaining the capacity to recruit and retain the needed talent.
All responsibilities shall be conducted in close coordination and consultation with HQ HR team, the Kenya Country Director and the Director of Finance and Administration.
This position is a local hire position.
Candidates must be Kenyan nationals.
Key Responsibilities for the Human Resource Officer Job
Recruitment and selection – 30%
- Coordinate the recruitment efforts including assisting with staffing requisitions, drafting and posting job descriptions, scheduling interviews, advertising vacancies, screening resumes, schedule interviews, ensure a positive interview experience for the candidates, coordinate reference checks, hiring and orientation processes;
- Ensure that all necessary recruitment documentation are completed and processes conformed to;
- Ensure that recruitment of new staff is in line with program budgets and salary structure;
- Ensure that consultants, research assistants and other temporarily staff are engaged as per Council policies and procedures and in compliance with local labor laws and Kenya Revenue Authority requirements;
- Coordinate the documentation of interns and ensure that they are appropriately placed supervised and mentored.
Talent management – 25%
- Manage the performance systems and tools including: probationary process, regular performance evaluations, discipline / corrective action, professional development and termination;
- In consultation with Senior Management Team (SMT), conduct regular organizational, job and individual training and development needs analysis;
- Serve as a resource to in-house orientation on HR management and related subjects;
- In consultation with SMT, establish and regularly review standard and generic job descriptions, for all positions ;
- Ensure that PC Kenya understand the Council Appraisal process, monitor the implementation of the appraisal systems and maintain a full record of all local performance appraisals ;
- In consultation with SMT, identify areas for staff development and provide guidance to staff in accomplishing their development objectives;
- Maintain up-to-date records of:
- i) accurate and appropriate job descriptions and ensure the PC Kenya employees have copies of these job descriptions and
- ii) staff contracts
Grievance Management – 5%
- Advise supervisors on personnel management issues and staff disciplinary actions;
- Assist staff with the resolution of grievances;
- In close communication and collaboration with the Director of HR, Council’s Legal Counsel and the Country Director, deal with grievances and appeals in disciplinary cases, and advise SMT on legal implications;
- Advise Country Director, Director of Finance and Administration and Program Heads on any legal matters that may require HQ involvement.
Termination – 5%
On termination of service with PC/Kenya ensure that:
- i) staff fillout an exit interview form;
- ii) all personnel policy requirements are fulfilled;
- iii) health insurance company is notified timely so that staff member is removed from the group cover.
Benefits and Administrative Duties -35%
- In close consultation with Kenya staff, review and manage health insurance benefits and discuss concerns with service providers;
- Generate purchase orders for all HR related procurement of a confidential nature;
- Ensure HR-related support is provided to all PC/Kenya staff;
- Participate in meetings of office management, operations and programme teams as required ;
- Help identify and allocate office space, computer etc.;
- Foster and organize staff activities; Perform any other relevant duties as required by immediate supervisor.
Human Resource Officer Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources;
- Certification from the Institute of Human Resource Management of Kenya;
- At least 5-years of HR related working experience in Kenya;
- Evidence of implementing human resources policies;
- Excellent working knowledge of current Kenya labor laws;
- Proven communication skills to include fluency in speaking/reading/writing in English;
- Exposure to and interest in staff development ;
- Previous demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and interact with all levels of staff and management;
- Demonstrated disposition towards ethical and non-discriminatory behavior that will act as a role model for others;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Detail-oriented and sensitive to confidential information;
- Good human relations skills and proven integrity.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Applications must be received by May 18, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Population Council is an equal opportunity employer
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: