Plan International Job Vacancy 2019 for Senior Grants Accountant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Plan International Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Plan International Job Vacancy 2019
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present on 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners.
The RESA Regional Office is keen to recruit a temporal staff for the position of ‘’Senior Accountant’’ who will be required to support in Accounting and Finance working closely with the Regional Office Finance team and Country Leadership particularly Country Finance Manager.
The purpose of the role is to specifically support in Country Office finance gaps, help in training and capacity building, strengthen internal controls and country office level working closely with the finance teams at CO level and most importantly ensure data integrity by supporting in the Grants Finance Remediation Phase 3.
In a number of cases the position holder will be deployed to Country Offices on a specified Terms of Reference.
Dimensions of Role:
- The position holder coordinates the Accounting and Finance in an assigned entity working closely with the Country Finance Managers.
- The role has no budget management responsibility and no direct reporting
- Tasked with ensuring performance of mission critical ERP systems, currently in SAP & HRIS and implementation progress versus standards.
- Support in training and capacity building at different levels i.e. Country office
- Remit of role covers the 12 countries, Regional office & Pan Africa office of RESA and Middle East Sub region.
- Act as the roving SAP SME.
- Offers on site and remote troubleshooting to issues and where necessary, relates matters to experts.
Key End Results and typical Responsibilities:
Reporting and Monitoring
- Ensure preparation and submission of Monthly Financial Report to Management working closely with the CFM and Finance team.
- Preparation of Budget vs Actual report monthly and discussing with the various programme managers and CMT.
- Share monthly finance update with CO management and Regional Office on the progress made so far, achievement, challenges and flag areas requiring support.
Training and Capacity Building
- Ensure continuous capacity building and training of incoming finance team
- In case of CO deployment, come up with a detailed deployment tasks plan that will ensure the CO team capacity is build.
- Organise a finance training for non-finance aimed at capacity building their skills and knowledge in Finance.
- Support in preparation or review of donor reports
- Ensure compliance in the grant funded projects being implemented by the country office
- Working with the International Headquarters, National Office, Regional Office and Country Office teams in ensuring routine Grant Finance Remediation 3 is a success.
Support to the CFM
- Working closely with the incoming Country Finance Manager in ensuring a comprehensive finance technical induction and continuous close engagement as the CFM settle in his/her role.
- Ensure a smooth working finance team led by the Country Finance manager by being an advisor to the Country Finance Manager mostly in meetings through sharing of good practices.
- Support in day to day accounting tasks i.e. Payment review and processing, payroll processing etc.
- Support in management of partner and activity implementation working closely with the Grants and programme team
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: