Plan International Job Vacancy 2018 for Proposal Writer & Fundraising, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Plan International Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Plan International Job Vacancy 2018
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Dimensions of the Role
Working closely with resource mobilization teams including; Technical Advisors from Country Office and staff from the field, field offices and National Offices: the position holder will play a pivotal support role to ensure competent writing of concepts, proposals, capacity statements, and other write ups as required for fund development; scope for and evaluate new opportunities including calls for proposals and Expression of Interest, reporting on current and potential opportunities in Pipeline Tracking Tool (GPMT).
Proposal Writer & Fundraising Job Responsibilities
- Reviews and Analyses the requirements of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Expressions of Interest (EOI) and other solicitation documents and proposes the way forward on go or no-go
- Leads the programme teams to and technical leads to Plan and develop unsolicited proposals and responses to RFPs, RFQs and EOIs including researching, writing, editing and design of final product;
- Writes and edits proposals for readability, consistency and appropriate tone describing Plan Kenya capabilities, management approach and/or past performance;
- Collaborates with technical Advisors, Program Managers, and other technical teams to develop and write technical and management content for responses in line with proposal requests;
- Edits and proofreads proposal and other related materials to ensure accuracy, clarity, readability, consistency with Plan’s guidelines and standards for business development;
- Formats proposal documents to meet Plan Global standards and guidelines.
Management of Proposal Process:
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval;
- Maintains database system and filing system (electronic and paper-based) for proposal tracking of wins/losses, type, including RFP’s, proposal submissions and presentations
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/ outcomes/ deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Maintains up-to-date files to supplement proposal writing process (staff CVs, project descriptions, capacity statements, Theory of Change strategies for Plan’s Areas of distinctiveness, donor trends, potential partners, etc);
- Follows up on unsuccessful proposals to develop recommendations for improving success rate;
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Research, and identify potential funding opportunities with trusts, foundations, institutional funders, governments and, corporates and private donors.
- Assists on special projects in the Business Development department and fund raising
- Maintain and update database of fundraising pipeline in the grant management tracking tool (GPMT)
Excellent working relationships will need to be built with the Director of Programmes and the team of technical advisors, Area Managers, Program Managers, and other members of the country management team and other relevant units within Plan International Kenya, National Organization counterparts. The post holder will also be required to work closely with the grants department.
Qualifications for the Proposal Writer & Fundraising Job
- First Degree in a relevant discipline. Master’s degree an added advantage, or equivalent practical experience in related field or at least five years’ work experience in writing environment
- Demonstrable experience developing new business in resource mobilization and working with multi and bilateral donor funded grants/contracts and other fund sources.
- Understanding of multiple donor policies and procedures particularly ECHO, OFDA, Start Network, Global Affairs Canada, SIDA, DFID, USAID, EC and UN Agencies
- Experience editing professional and business writing with high level of proficiency in MS Office applications
- advanced skills in writing and editing
- Strong organizational skills that demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to work collegially under strict deadlines pressure and handle multiple work assignments;
- Some broader communications experience/knowledge beyond proposal writing is desired;
- Ability to learn quickly, demonstrate critical thinking and make situation-appropriate decisions using sound judgment;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience working in a high-paced environment; and
- Time management and organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet).
Skills Specific to the Post
- Strong writing and reporting writing skills
- Competent research and analytical skills
- Conceptual skills
- Good Interpersonal / Communication skills
- Results orientated
- Good Leadership skills
- Proven team and coordination skills Motivation and Innovation
Believe in the potential of all people to succeed if given the right support and willingness to multi-task. Ability to perform under stress, innovative, build relationships, coach and mentor, facilitate change, develop teams, initiate action, strategic decision making, planning and organizing. Lead through vision and mission and a personal commitment to children’s development and protection.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: