Plan International Job Vacancy 2018 for Project Assistant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Plan International Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Plan International Job Vacancy 2018
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Project Assistant Job Responsibilities
The incumbent will report to the Regional Civil Society Strengthening (CSS) Advisor.
- The position will Assist and support with Project partner reporting ensuring quality reporting and implementation of the Regional projects; in line with relevant components of Plan Internationals Policy for Program Quality (PQP), program plans and donor requirements.
- The position will develop and manage project related meeting schedules and record keeping ensuring documentation and implementation of key decisions between Plan RESA and Project partners.
- The position will be in charge of project related internal and external communication maintaining close communication with the project partners, Plan RESA regional Office, country offices and relevant external audiences.
- The position will support project management, including review of and compilation of partner proposals and implementation reports, Plan internal project management systems updates, project record keeping among other project management tasks.
- The position will be in charge of project administration.
- Partner reporting processing: Receiving, reviewing and consolidation of all narrative and financial partners’ reports. The Program Assistant will be supported by the CSS Advisor and Finance on programmatic and financial components respectively.
- Provide an external audience packaging for partner reports as part of the Regional Office, project activities and partner profiling.
- Partner proposal review: Supporting, guiding and assisting partners in development and consolidation of the partner proposals for both projects for the upcoming Framework funding opportunity.
- SAP online support and regular project maintenance to align project implementation to SAP system alignment.
- Conduct regular partner site visits: These are informal visits with the partners that seek to deepen the partnership relationship and identify and offer support for any emerging challenges, programmatic, financial, institutional or any other.
- Support communication with partners and RESA, PAO, and Plan International.
- Contract management support: FAD drafting, review and amendments to align agreement to Partner agreements and FADS.
- Partner activity briefs: Attending, preparing and packaging partner briefs for dissemination within Plan and with outside audiences.
- Keep updated about the project development and perform necessary communication with partners and other stakeholder to follow up on deadline, project changes and key timelines/Schedules.
- Plan for, manage and schedule project management and other meetings, communicate schedules, capture proceedings, action points and reports on the same.
- Keep record of projects including events; manage project files and or any other relevant project documents and records.
- Partner support including workshop planning and logistics on a needs basis.
- Support in Monitoring, evaluation learning and reporting (MERL); collect and collate project specific data and compile reports while drawing out learnings to improve project design, implementation and learning.
- Support response to routine donor request for information and related liaison duties, including compliance issues as may be required from time to time.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Qualifications for the Project Assistant Job
- Minimum Bachelors in social or political sciences or any other relevant degree.
- Knowledge and professional experience in the area of project management especially those around civil society strengthening, child rights and child / youth governance and participation.
- Demonstrated technical experience Monitoring Evaluation, reporting and Learning (MERL)
- Knowledge pf results-based project management or logical framework, or rights-based programing.
- Demonstrated facilitation and training experience.
- Prior experience with SAP financial system.
- Listening, communications and negotiation between organisations and among different stakeholders at all moments when developing, nurturing and ending a partnership
- Good communication skills, including virtually, across different cultures and across generations.
- Able to learn quickly and adaptive to new and different perspectives
- Influencing, representational and advocacy skills
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written.
- Promotes and facilitates teamwork, provides vision and leadership in an inclusive manner
- Flexible and adaptive.
- Culturally sensitive, gender-sensitive and inclusive
- Assumes responsibility for actions and results.
- Innovative and pro-actively takes the initiative to identify new opportunities
- Engaged in child and youth safeguarding policy respect and it’s code of conduct
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: