Plan International Job Vacancy 2018 for Procurement & Administration, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Plan International Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Plan International Job Vacancy 2018
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Dimensions of the Role
The post holder will be based in Nairobi and will report to OC. S/he will uphold Plan Purpose and Values, promote programme principles (transparency, gender equality and diversity) to enhance programme impact, and be committed to child protection and respect for human rights.
Procurement & Administration Officer Job Responsibilities
- To be responsible for processing procurement requests under the supervision of Office Coordinator – Nilinde in accordance with the Plan procurement policy.
- Responsible for follow up and timely delivery of supplies to the field sites in line with project implementation.
- To be responsible for establishing detailed requirements for office supplies, equipment and other goods required for workshops and meetings. Ensure that requisite quotes are obtained from the list of approved suppliers and ensures that such purchases are adequately supported by Local Purchase Orders (LPOs), Invoices and Delivery notes.
- To be responsible for coordinating travel and accommodation for project staff, volunteers and visitors by making relevant travel arrangements and hotel bookings. Liaise with the approved travel agents to source tickets in accordance with the approved procedures.
- Ensure there is an up-to date stores inventory and stationery records.
- Manage all documents related to stored items including stock cards, delivery and receipt papers.
- To be responsible for providing administrative and logistical support to conferences, workshops and meetings. Make relevant hotel reservations and liaise with other suppliers as appropriate.
- Ensure procurement and administration documents are scanned and filed accordingly.
- To oversee repairs and maintenance of offices, furniture and equipment for the project.
- To oversee provision of cleaning services ensuring proper maintenance and cleanliness of the offices.
- Input and maintain up-to-date records for all the trackers and share the data with OC on a weekly basis.
- Manage the petty cash floats in the office and ensure adequate funds are available for the project requirements.
- To build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and relevant contacts both within and outside the organization.
- To become familiar with the Plan’s Health and Safety Guidelines and do everything possible to increase staff safety and maintain conducive healthy and safe working environment.
- Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to; Gender equality mainstreaming, Child Protection Policy; Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities.
Dealing with Problems
The post holder will demonstrate the ability to pay attention to details, be proactive and good management of time, and act with high degree of integrity and professionalism to meet demands of a dynamic and sometimes unpredictable program environment.
The post holder will be required to maintain working relationship with visitors to the Program Unit and have effective working relationship with other Plan staff in Kenya
Qualifications for the Procurement & Administration Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in business or Public Administration, Logistics or other related field.
- 2-3 years relevant experience in administration, logistics and procurement, preferably in a similar position NGO setting.
- Experience in USAID funded project will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in SAP system will be an added advantage.
Key Skills Specific to the Post
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and team player
- Excellent office management skills
- IT/computer skills
- Knowledge of filing and general record keeping
- Pro-active and excellent time management skills
- Telephone operation skills
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: