Plan International Job Vacancy 2018 for Accountant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Plan International Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Plan International Job Vacancy 2018
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Dimensions of the Role
The post holder will be based in the Country office and will report to the Finance Manager.She/he will uphold Plan’s Core Values, promote our mission and vision, programme principles (transparency, gender equality and diversity) to enhance programme impact, and be committed to child protection and respect for human rights.
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Prepare realistic program support budgets and support program staff to prepare projects budget for allocated Program Units.
- Support the Finance Manager in the consolidation of the Plan Kenya budgets for the financial year.
- Review and post in SAP financial transactions and prepare payments to suppliers.
- Post journals and invoices in SAP for processing
- Prcess partner advances ensure effectively followed-up and liquidated in SAP
- Prepare, reconcile monthly VAT and Withholding tax schedules for payment.
- Prepare cash forecast in consultation with program and administration staff.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and resolve outstanding items.
- Review transactions postings and prepare correction journals for errors before period closure.
- Prepare adjustment journals for accruals, expense prepayments and redistribute support costs to projects.
- Prepare allocated financial reports on monthly, quarterly and annual, including adhoc reports.
- Process inter Company transactions and ensure reconciled with different countries/IH..
- Prepare payroll on a monthly basis and subsequent transfers of salaries to staff bank accounts.
- Ensure monthly payroll reconciliation between SAP and payroll.
- Prepare payroll deductions and returns for remittance to relevant institutions.
- Prepare accurate computations of staff separation benefits and ensure remitted after approvals.
Dealing with Problems:
The post holder will demonstrate a high degree of analytical skills, planning, organizational and facilitation while introducing innovations needed to meet the demands of the operating environment.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
Qualifications for the Accountant Job
- CPA (K) or similar professional qualification in accounting
- Bachelors Degree in Finance/Accounting related courses.
- At least 3 years accounting experience preferably in an NGO
- Well versed in computerised accounting applications.
- knowledge of finance processes, systems and principles.
Skills specific to the post:
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong facilitation and training skills
- Good administration and effective communication skills Ability to work and interact with others at all levels Strong planning and organizational skills
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: