Philips Job Vacancy 2019 for Intern Health Informatics, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Philips Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Philips Job Vacancy 2019
Do you want to make a positive impact on people’s lives with your work? Are you passionate about developing new concepts and translate them into options for innovations with industrial and societal relevance? Do you like to be part of a challenging, high-paced research hub at the edge of inclusive innovation in Africa?
You will work within the Africa Innovation Hub to develop new concepts and translate them into options for innovations with industrial and societal relevance.
An overview of your tasks:
- End user support for digital health solutions uptake.
- Clinical and end-user validation of the developed solutions based on standard validation/verification protocols.
- Contribute to strengthening engagement with the local ecosystem to foster a collaborative approach to solutions ideation and conceptualization.
- Additionally, knowledge of the healthcare-related data integration standards and affinity toward data analysis, warehousing, and integration are important.
- Embed end-to-end user-centered approach in technology development or conceptualization.
- Support operationalization of the technology proofs-of-concept through close collaboration with development and design teams.
- Keep abreast of technical, application and market developments in the relevant technological and industrial areas, showing interest in the business aspects.
- Contribute pro-actively to a creative and inspiring working environment.
- Contribute pro-actively to a secure working environment.
You will be part of the Africa Innovation Hub, a (we believe, inspiring) group of social intrapreneurs and researchers within Philips that specifically designs new solutions and business models for Africa. Our focus is inclusive innovation: to reach the part of society that is not targeted by traditional business, in this case the rising middle-class and base of the pyramid in Africa.
Philips is the first non-it technology company that opened a research hub in Africa so you’ll be at the forefront of health innovation in Africa and working with both the local and international innovation ecosystem and high-level international organizations and NGOs.
The headquarters of the Philips Innovation Hub are in Kenya, but you will be working with our research hubs in India and Europe too.
We welcome you to a challenging, purposeful and innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore, and to be at the edge of innovation in health care for Africa. Please note that this is a paid internship.
We are looking for
We are constantly looking for highly qualified health informatics scientist, preferably with experience in launching technology driven solutions at client sites.
- Experience in implementing health information technologies in a field setting, preferably government health facilities (software development/coding).
- Experience in supporting end user change management processes with health technologies in field settings.
- Experience in health information projects, preferably at government health facilities.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
- You have a basic degree or diploma in computer science, health informatics or a related field
- You are a great team worker and customer/goal oriented in fast paced environment.
- You also have the mindset of an entrepreneur.
- You are passionate about your work and the impact you can make with it on people’s lives.
- You have a flexible and open mind and you are willing to enter new areas of industrial research.Other important aspects are:
- a genuine technical curiosity
- good software development skills will be an added advantage
- well-above-average results from a (technical) university
- outstanding creativity and self-powered work attitude
- ability to work in an interdisciplinary scientific environment
- 6 months (with the possibility of extension)
- The intern will be reporting to the project team lead (Philips) and the study PI and/or co-PI at the health facility.
Does this profile fit your ambitions and passions? Then we might be a perfect match! Our teams of world-class scientists are waiting for you to join their teams and build success together for more inclusive innovation in a better Africa. With our focus on Health and Well-being, your background and expertise will be decisive in determining your fit to Philips Research: it is your talent that will guide us.
To be able to process your application, please enclose the following documents with your application:
• Curriculum vitae.
• Motivation letter, also explaining your research interests.
• List of your publications.
• Listing of your grades.
• List of references or reference letters.
Please note that this vacancy is only related to Medical Informatics. Please do not apply to more than one ‘open’ vacancy at Philips Research!
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: