Philips Job Recruitment 2018 for BDM – BoP Consumer
The context Over 1.2 Billion of the worlds population is living in unelectrified or off grid market. The BoP (base of pyramid) business at Philips lighting is set up with the purpose of understanding and servicing the lighting needs of BoP communities globally as a commercial and sustainable business.The BoP venture is working in Africa, India, and south east Asia, with the approach of using world class R&D and innovation across products, technologies and business model engineering that is needed for fully supporting last mile access, affordability, awareness and acceptability for the BoP communities.Your ChallengeYour challenge is to build and manage the BoP (base of Pyramid) Consumer solar business in East AFRICA (Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, Zambia and others).Your ResponsibilitiesAs a Business Development Manager, You Are Responsible For
- Developing strategy for off grid BoP business including business plan, go-to-market, product categories, pricing, etc.
- Delivering the AOP (Annual Operating Plan) for BoP solar for the Africa Market, and contributing to the overall BoP business.
- Building partnerships with Microfinance and other BoP focused financial institutional agencies across EAST AFRICA and their GTM.
- Building a rural distribution channel for BoP business and delivering sales through this channel. Social enterprise, Village entrepreneur, Retail companies, eCommerce.
- Creating and building business through a rich pipeline of solar products using government and other agency tenders.
- Working with Philips Lighting consumer and developing a GTM by leveraging this channel reach.
- Exploring business opportunities by partnering with corporates on CSR, and supporting internal CSR, wherever appropriate.
- Creating and operating business models across partners.
- Creating after-sales service framework and working with the customer care team for effective delivery of service / spares, replacements for the consumers.
- Reviewing and monitoring industry and participating in industry body meets.
- Designing marketing programs for BoP consumers by working with Marcom teams.
- Continuously exploring new business opportunities for BoP business in areas like micro grids, pay-as-you-go models, etc.
- Designing and implementing a training program for internal and external stake holders.
- Identifying and leveraging PR opportunities.
- Managing the costs budget.
- Managing a team of internal and outsourced resources.Your teamYou will work with smart, passionate, energetic colleagues dedicated to making an impact on people’s lives with light.
Our offerThis is your opportunity to join a leading, innovative brand with attractive products and services. You can build a career in an international environment. In addition, we offer a competitive package of benefits including a good salary and career development opportunities.We are looking for
- A Masters degree in Business Administration.
- 6- 8 years of experience in the areas of rural sales, driving partnerships, rural distribution and serving BoP customers, in the consumer durable, FMCG, Agri categories.
- Must have work experience in east Africa.
- Proven experience working with MFI or other Developmental MFI.
- A background in the BoP segment is preferred.
- Experience in solar products is preferred
- Recognized experience in working with reputed companies who are active in BoP energy business.
- Fluency in English is a must, local languages, Swahili is desirable.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: