People FOCO Job Vacancy 2018 for Accountant, Application Details
People FOCO Job Vacancy 2018, Requirements and Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for 2018People FOCO Recruitment. applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.Interested
People FOCO Job Vacancy 2018
Our client, a microfinance firm in Kenya is urgently seeking to recruit an Accountant.
Reports Direct to: Finance Manager
- Ensure financial transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting systems (Bankers Realm)
- Monitor of cash flow situation of the Institution and update the departmental head of the cash flow position and any need for inter-bank funds transfers
- Liaise with all accounts assistants to ensure timeliness of flow of data for monthly report preparation.
- Ensure that the files for bank transfers, bank reconciliations, and Cheques are up to date and are kept safely and available to authorized staff only.
- Maintain the asset register.
- Prepare and process of vendors payments.
- Prepare of end month journals for posting in the system. And thereafter undertake the monthly sub ledger reconciliations.
- Ensure payment of all branch expense claims and that adequate amounts are available in the respective branches, to enable continued sustenance of branch needs.
- Assist the departmental head in budget preparation and consolidation.
- Help in facilitating the work of Internal and External Auditors and assisting in implementation of audit recommendations.
- File company statutory returns (WHT, Excise duty, PAYE, NSSF and NHIF)
- Administer the company’s payroll and associated statutory requirements (PAYE,
- NSSF, NHIF, leave) and other authorized pay deductions
- Work closely with the Head of Finance and HR department to prepare accurate inputs, deductions and computations for monthly payroll processing for all staff.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of monthly payroll cost analysis and reports by including summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions and leave days
Qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/ accounting
- CPA qualification Minimum Part two.
- At least 3 years’ experience as an accountant in a busy financial institution
Organisation and Administration skills
- Excellent organisation, time, work and self-management skills
- Ability to establish daily and monthly priorities and activities and manage own diary
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and monitor own and handle heavy workload
- Ability to work well under pressure and against conflicting deadlines
- Ability to act with initiative in all matters and handle confidential information
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively in different situations and teams to carry out assigned task
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with individuals and team as a whole
- Ability to motivate others by personal modelling, professional credibility and trust
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to send their CVs to [email protected] by 9th April 2018. Clearly indicate ‘Accountant Position’ on the subject of the email.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: