Penda Health Recruitment 2018 for Supply Chain Director, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Penda Health Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Penda Health Recruitment 2018
Penda Health is an award-winning private company that is transforming healthcare in Kenya by making extremely high quality-care accessible to every family. Our vision is to be the most trusted healthcare provider in all of Africa. We were ranked as the best healthcare company to work for in Kenya in 2018!
- Transform Penda’s Supply Chain to become more efficient and profitable
- Build and implement processes and systems that help us scale branches across multiple counties and countries
- Triple monthly purchase value over the next two years
You are responsible for inventory management, procurement, logistics, and warehousing. Because of your excellent work, Penda can maintain its affordable prices for patients, add many new services, grow to new counties and countries, while becoming highly profitable.
Supply Chain Director Job Responsibilities
- Manage 300% growth in purchases while reducing stock loss and leakage across the entire department. You’ll manage 500+ SKUs from hundreds of drugs products, to tiles for our new builds, ultrasound machines, sugar and so many more
- Build a proactive supply chain with central procurement and a distribution center. In addition, you will come up with lots of other innovative ways to increase scalability and reduce cost.
- Ensure we never have stock outs nor equipment breakdowns and reduce turnaround time for branch orders to 1 day or less, so our branches can deliver excellent patient care
- Reduce COGs and asset budgets while maintaining quality to enable us to profitably provide healthcare to the mass market at affordable rates
- Improve the use of our technology and implement new systems to help us expand to hundreds of branches
- Recruit and grow a high performing team of managers that will expand Penda into other counties in Kenya and countries in Africa
- The branches are your customer. Process is important, but the branches’ ability to deliver the best care supersedes everything (except for not losing money)
- We’re a start up – get ready for anything!
Who will be successful in this role?
- Your integrity is unshakable, and you create an environment where openness and integrity are constants
- You are excellent at thinking strategically and creatively about a complex supply chain and using data and logic to make decisions
- You manage change extremely well. You enjoy working with other departments to make changes work for everyone
- You are excellent at prioritization. You understand where to delegate and where to get involved
- You leverage technology in everything you do and appreciate the way it makes teams more efficient and scalable
- People who work for you grow and develop
- You are excellent at feedback and healthy conflict. At Penda, we love giving and receiving feedback because we believe it helps us grow
Requirements for the Supply Chain Director Job
- At least 4 years working experience, of which at least 1 year successfully managing managers
- Experience managing supply chain for a multi-unit company
- Strong analytical skills & excel skills
- Knowledge of finance/accounting basics
- University degree from a reputable institution or the equivalent experience in the workforce
- Willingness to work extremely hard to accomplish your goals (this starts with going through the hiring process, it’s going to be competitive so bring your best self)
- Medical / Pharmaceutical background is a plus
- Experience managing supply chain with many complex SKUs (expiries, regulatory requirements, etc.) is a plus
- Base Salary depends on qualifications and experience.
- Full medical cover for inpatient and outpatient for your whole family.
- High potential for career growth as Penda grows
- Stock option based compensation is available
- Great benefits package – including “mandatory” hiking days and fruit salads at the office!
How to Apply
Apply online on the career section of at our website www.pendahealth.com
Deadline for applications is June 15th, 2018
Candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis (first to apply is first to be evaluated).