Penda Health Job Vacancy For Construction Site Manager, Application Details
Penda Health is an award-winning private company that is transforming healthcare in Kenya by making extremely high-quality health care accessible to every family and offering unparalleled patient experiences. Our vision is to be the most trusted healthcare provider in all of Africa.
Site Managers are excellent project managers who are driven by building beautiful and cost-efficient (both in build and ongoing maintenance) Medical Centers. You get the opportunity to make your own budget, build relationships with sub-contractors and fundis and to own your project. When the construction is finished you can proudly call it your clinic. This position reports to the Construction department manager.
Penda Medical Centers are built in existing buildings, so most of your work will be refurbishment. We are planning to do 8 construction projects in 2018! You will love this role if you love the day-to-day hustle of buying materials, contracting fundis, checking in on progress, etc.
Key Benefits of this position are:
- Learn how to build beautiful Medical Centers on efficient budgets
- Work with an amazing, smart, hard-working team to change the face to healthcare in Kenya
- Our culture is like nowhere else… come see for yourself
Site Manager Job Responsibilities
- Penda is growing fast and has ambitious expansion plans. You will oversee projects on a day to day basis and ensure work is done safely, on time, within the budget and at high quality standards so Penda can open more branches and help millions of people get affordable healthcare faster
- Build beautiful Penda Medical Centers that our patients and staff love. A friendly environment makes our patients immediately feel better
- Make a project plan and budget before you start a new project and then track expenses and progress against that plan. Plan, allocate resources and organize well so you can stay within the budget and timelines. Sort out any problems which could hold up the construction progress as they arise. You’re in charge of procuring construction materials as well!
- Represent Penda on site. Contract fundis and sub-contractors, keep close contact with them at all times, set clear expectations and manage them well so they love working with us. Manage discussions with the caretaker, landlord, regulatory bodies, etc. so we can work well
- Ensure the work complies with the building regulations, health & safety legislations as well as the legal requirements. It is your responsibility to always report and act very fast on any accidents on the site
- Ensure signage is designed, installed, functioning and attracting patients as needed
- Keep good track of all construction documentation (contracts, receipts, etc.) with the help of our Construction Admin
- Provide technical input, advise and construction requirements in the design stages for new locations to make the project easier and more efficient later. You will be part of discussions with landlords to agree on specifics for the site before construction starts
- Bring new ideas for construction from your experience on-site and also do a review of the previous projects to ensure we constantly implement improvements/learnings as we continue to build more medical centers
- Fix issues in previous projects, especially around signage and facility repairs
- Communicate clearly and openly about your work, budgets and progress at all times
- We’re a start up – get ready for anything!
Who will be successful in this role?
- You are a master at building relationships. Fundis and subcontractors will do a lot more for you when you have excellent relationships with them
- You are a hustler and love to get your hands dirty. You set your mind on something and get it done, no matter what
- You are great at project management and budgeting. You will plan your work, budget and track your progress against it each week
- You have an eye for detail and are eager to learn so you can help all our fundis ensure everything is built correctly and we minimize repairs later
- You are open and honest about everything, always! You are great at communicating clearly and often about your progress and about any changes you would like to make
- You are excellent at feedback and healthy conflict. At Penda we love feedback because we believe it helps us grow. Also, if you disagree with someone, you don’t let it pass but address it head-on in a respectful manner.
Requirements for the Site Manager Job
- Available Full Time and ready to work a lot during intense construction periods
- Awesome at working in the non-formal sector of Nairobi
- Prior experience managing projects in construction and/or shop fitting
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Base Salary depends on qualifications and experience.
- Strong benefits package including full medical cover for inpatient and outpatient for your whole family
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: