Penda Health Job Vacancy 2018 for Construction Master
Penda Health is an award-winning private company that is transforming healthcare in Kenya by building a chain of outpatient Medical Centers that make extremely high quality healthcare accessible to every family and offer unparalleled patient experiences. We want to be the most trusted healthcare provider in Africa. Penda Health currently has 5 outpatient Medical Centers in Nairobi and is adding 18 more branches in the next 1.5 years.
Reporting to: Head of Operations and Expansion
- Construction Site Managers (2 currently)
- Construction Admin Assistant
- Facilities Officer
Key Benefits of this position are
- Design the right construction team, systems and structure
- Deliver one branch each month
- Be part of a fast-growing business
- Penda is growing fast and has ambitious expansion plans. You will oversee site managers to build safely, on time, within the budget and at high quality standards so Penda can open more branches and help millions of people get affordable healthcare faster
- Build beautiful Penda Medical Centers that our patients and staff love. A friendly environment makes our patients immediately feel better
- Build and own Penda’s construction “machine”. Organize and document everything we do to improve speed, quality, cost and scalability!
- Build and manage partnerships with suppliers for materials and services (including fundis). Ensure our suppliers are happy working with us and that we are getting the value we need.
- Ensure the work complies with the building regulations, health & safety legislations as well as the legal requirements. It is your responsibility to always report and act very fast on any accidents on the site
- Oversee the entire process from feasibility studies before we sign a lease, to the handover to our Medical Center operations team. Make sure we do fast, detailed and accurate studies and include your technical expertise to make work easier in future and reduce conflicts with landlords
- Ensure all existing Penda facilities are always in good condition and our Medical Centers feel supported
- Make sure we have the right team in construction, and that they are growing into different roles at Penda. Add new staff when necessary, and remove staff as well.
- Be a great teammate. Make everyone at Penda happier because you are on our team!
We’re a start up – get ready for anything!
Who will be successful in this role?
- You are a people and relationship master
- You set your mind on something and get it done, no matter what
- You are great at project management and budgeting, and have an eye for detail. You will work with your site managers to build accurate and detailed plans for projects, track spend diligently and implement quality controls
- You are open and honest about everything, always! You are great at communicating clearly and often about your progress and about any changes you would like to make
- You are excellent at constructive criticism. At Penda we love feedback because we believe it helps us grow. Also, if you disagree with someone, you don’t let it pass but address it head-on in a respectful manner
- Available Full Time
- At least 1 year experience managing others (clerk of works, fundis, etc)
- At least 1 year experience in shop fitting / renovation, including involvement in budgeting, planning and overseeing the work on site.
- Fluent in English
- Flexible to travel within Kenya when necessary – Penda wants to grow outside Nairobi in 2019 and we’re going to need your help!
- Base Salary depends on qualifications and experience
- Eligible for performance bonuses
- Strong benefits package including full medical cover for inpatient and outpatient for your whole family and an employee stock options program that allows you to benefit from Penda’s success
- Our vision is to be the best employer in Africa. We care about your enjoyment at work and want you to grow with us.
How to Apply
Candidates will be evaluated on a rolling basis (first to apply is first to be evaluated)
To apply, kindly click the following link: http://pendahealth.applytojob.com/apply
- EXPLORE MORE: