Pathfinder International Job Recruitment 2018 For Program Manager, Application Details
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health (SRH). We place reproductive health (RH) care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound RH policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Afya Pwani Program is currently being implemented by Pathfinder International (Prime Contractor); it will run for a period of three years, with an optional two years. The purpose of the Afya Pwani Program is to improve and increase access and utilization of quality health services in Kenya through strengthening service delivery and institutional capacity of county health systems in Lamu, Kilifi, Mombasa, Kwale and Taita Taveta counties. The Program’s key focus areas include: Increasing access and utilization of quality HIV services; Increasing access and utilization of focused maternal, neonatal and child health (MNCH)/Family Planning (FP)/Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Nutrition services, as well as strengthening functional County Health Systems. The Afya Pwani Program is also supporting the following cross-cutting elements: Youth, Gender, Sustainability and Coordination. As the Prime Contractor, Pathfinder International will be supporting County governments and health management teams to implement the County Health Strategic and Investment Plans and will strategically communicate, coordinate and collaborate within and across development and implementing partners, including all United States Government (USG) and non-USG partners, especially those implementing national and other service delivery mechanisms.
Pathfinder International Kenya is looking for a candidate to fill in the role of Program Manager who will report to the Senior Technical Advisor for Outreach Services. Under the thought leadership of the Senior Technical Advisor s/he shall oversee the successful implementation of the initiative’s day to day activities. The incumbent will be required to work closely with the County Government, Afya Pwani Program grantees and National Government Technical Working Groups (TWGs) to ensure implementation of technically sound interventions, in conformity with USAID contractual obligations. The Program Manager will also be required to supervise Program officers and provide leadership to ensure that the deliverables are attained on time, at the expected quality standards and cost.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Managing various program staff to ensure the smooth implementation of the day to day schedule interventions.
- Engage with communities, ministry of health and like-minded institutions for effective linkages and coordination.
- Training of staff, community owned resource persons and beneficiaries as per the appropriate Evidence based interventions (EBIs) per cohort.
- Budget management and development of financial request to facilitate implementation of activities and ensure accountability of the same.
- As advised by the senior technical advisor for outreach services; develop, adopt and deploy various service delivery tracking tools and resources for effective monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
- Liaise with M&E teams to undertake mapping and tracking of program deliverables as well as effective documentation of the same.
- Mobilize community resources including and not limited to safe spaces and work with community structures to deliver services to the target populations.
- Document best practices
- Development of high periodic quality reports for the interventions.
- Any other business as advised by the senior technical advisor for outreach services.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- The position demands for a self-driven individual ready to work under pressure with tight immovable deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Travel required.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Public Health or any related field. A Master’s degree in related field will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years post-graduate working experience, with at least three-years progressive management experience in a USAID funded Program.
- The preferred candidate will have previous experience in implementing program interventions.
- The incumbent should have previous experience in working with government departments, TWGs, as well as the implementation of the National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP) approved evidence based interventions (EBIs) focusing on adolescents and young people.
- The individual must demonstrate ability and knowledge on the proper of use of data to generate reports and evidence based program management, cohort tracking and data use for improved decision making.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: