Pathfinder International Job Recruitment 2018 For Nutrition Program Officer, Application Details
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health (SRH). We place reproductive health (RH) care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound RH policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Afya Pwani Program is currently being implemented by Pathfinder International (Prime Contractor); it will run for a period of three years, with an optional two years. The purpose of the Afya Pwani Program is to improve and increase access and utilization of quality health services in Kenya through strengthening service delivery and institutional capacity of county health systems in Lamu, Kilifi, Mombasa, Kwale and Taita Taveta counties. The Program’s key focus areas include: Increasing access and utilization of quality HIV services; Increasing access and utilization of focused maternal, neonatal and child health (MNCH)/Family Planning (FP)/Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Nutrition services, as well as strengthening functional County Health Systems. The Afya Pwani Program is also supporting the following cross-cutting elements: Youth, Gender, Sustainability and Coordination. As the Prime Contractor, Pathfinder International will be supporting County governments and health management teams to implement the County Health Strategic and Investment Plans and will strategically communicate, coordinate and collaborate within and across development and implementing partners, including all United States Government (USG) and non-USG partners, especially those implementing national and other service delivery mechanisms.
Pathfinder International Kenya is looking for a candidate with excellent technical skills to provide support to Count and Sub-County Health Management Teams and health facility staff in the successful implementation of nutrition program activities targeting people living with HIV (PLHIV) in Afya Pwani supported sites. The Program officer will ensure that nutritional assessment counselling and support is offered to PLHIV, mother-baby pairs and their family members as part of the standard package of care for PLHIV.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Support County level development of concepts and strategies that aim to address causes of malnutrition and effective and sustainable means to address them.
- Facilitate establishment and maintenance of appropriate coordination mechanisms including, steering committees and working groups to coordinate and guide the nutrition sector response plans, operations and related activities at County level.
- Support County Nutrition Officers to secure commitments from partners for collective sector work, ensuring the complementarities of the various stake holder’s actions in responding to nutrition priorities.
- Provide technical leadership and capacity support to Sub-County Health Management Teams (SCHMTs), facilities and partners in the modelling and delivery of nutrition services in line with County Nutrition Action Plans.
- Support the application/ implementation and adherence to existing policies, strategies, standards and guidelines on Nutrition.
- Support County nutrition sectors to identify and develop nutrition related advocacy and communication strategies and messages for the purposes of increasing the profile of nutrition amongst all stakeholders.
- Implement participatory Behavior Change Communication (BCC) methods targeting nutrition behavior change.
- Collaborate with the commodity management team to support strengthening of the integrated nutrition supply chain system.
- Support facilities to use the integrated supply chain systems, to improve the efficiency in forecasting, ordering, distribution, monitoring and reporting of essential nutrition supplies.
- Provide guidance to health facilities to ensure that Nutritional Assessment Counselling and Support (NACS) services are provided to all HIV positive clients in the Afya Pwani program.
- Working with other program staff, ensure that High Impact Nutrition Interventions (HINI) are implemented across all supported facilities.
- Support the CHMT to collate, review, validation and analysis of nutrition related information including from other sectors to inform better programming, implementation and monitoring.
- Assist in documenting lessons learnt/good practices and other relevant reports for better nutrition programming.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to him/her by the supervisor.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Ability to prioritize, focus and deliver quality results within deadlines while meeting conflicting work demands and targets; working with or without teams with minimum supervision.
- Creative and innovative team member with initiative, patience, tact, and able to work with multi-disciplinary layered teams including providing direction and supervision.
- Ability to work in a multicultural teams and settings; and ready to receive and provide direction.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, internet etc.Other Information:
- Travel required most of the times to the field.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- A minimum Bachelor’s in Human Nutrition and Dietetics/Food Science and Nutrition.
- At least five (5) years post training substantive working experience in field of nutrition.
- Experience in addressing nutritional issues in HIV/Tuberculosis (TB) and maternal, neonatal and child health (MNCH) is essential.
- Experience and skills in providing technical assistance in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics services.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Solid training and capacity building experience.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to work independently.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: