Pathfinder International Job Recruitment 2018 for HIV Testing and Linkages Program Officer
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health (SRH). We place reproductive health (RH) care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound RH policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Afya Pwani Program is currently being implemented by Pathfinder International (Prime Contractor); it will run for a period of three years, with an optional two years. The purpose of the Afya Pwani Program is to improve and increase access and utilization of quality health services in Kenya through strengthening service delivery and institutional capacity of county health systems in Lamu, Kilifi, Mombasa, Kwale and Taita Taveta counties. The Program’s key focus areas include: Increasing access and utilization of quality HIV services; Increasing access and utilization of focused maternal, neonatal and child health (MNCH)/Family Planning (FP)/Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Nutrition services, as well as strengthening functional County Health Systems. The Afya Pwani Program is also supporting the following cross-cutting elements: Youth, Gender, Sustainability and Coordination. As the Prime Contractor, Pathfinder International will be supporting County governments and health management teams to implement the County Health Strategic and Investment Plans and will strategically communicate, coordinate and collaborate within and across development and implementing partners, including all United States Government (USG) and non-USG partners, especially those implementing national and other service delivery mechanisms.
Pathfinder International Kenya is looking for a candidate with excellent technical skills to fill the role of HIV Testing and Linkages Program Officer. The incumbent candidate will be tasked with coordinating HIV Testing Services (HTS) activities at the County, Sub-County, facility and community levels in collaboration with the County Department of Health and other stakeholders to ensure achievement of the 1st 90 of the Joint United Nations Program on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS’s) 90:90:90 goals. The Program Officer will be expected to employ innovative targeted HIV Testing Services (HTS) approaches to increase both coverage and yields for HTS and linkage to care and treatment services for the newly identified people living with HIV (PLHIV).
Key Job Outcomes:
- Provide support to County, Sub-County and facilities in implementation of HIV testing and linkage services.
- Provide technical support and regularly update HTS service providers on guidelines and support them to adhere to standards and protocols.
- Ensure that all protocols and Government guidelines are always adhered to in all the facilities.
- Provide mentorship, coaching and on job training (OJT) to health care providers and community health volunteers (CHVs) on the HTS algorithm per the National Guidelines.
- Ensure implementation of quality assurance/control activities like proficiency testing across supported Counties.
- Supervise and coordinate HTS Providers supported by the Afya Pwani Program.
- Conduct regular counselor supervision to HTS providers.
- Schedule and conduct facilities visits, monitor progress and prepare sites visit reports.
- Collaborate with Lab and Commodity Management Advisors to ensure adequate supply of Rapid Test Kits (RTKs) in the county.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc program reports and/or dashboards forward the same to the HTS and Linkages Manager.
- Undertake program supervision, monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
- Supporting supervisor to prepare and submit regular program work plans and reports on Afya Pwani HTS and Linkage activities.
- Support in innovative approaches and systems for linkage and retention with the aim of achieving the “90-90-90” targets.
- Collaborate with County AIDS and STI Control Officers (CASCOs) and other relevant stakeholders to ensure successful implementation and monitoring of the first “90”.
- Collaborate with other USAID partners/Programs like Nilinde working with orphans and vulnerable children (OVCs) and LINKAGES who work with Key Populations (KPs) to ensure HIV positive clients are linked to Treatment, Care and Support services to achieve the 2nd “90”.
Perform any other duty assigned by the Supervisor.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Good leadership skills;
- Good interpersonal communication skills with both internal & external clients;
- Other Information:
- Travel required.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in any social sciences or an equivalent.
- Training in Voluntary HIV counseling, Adherence Counseling, Couple Counseling and Community HIV counseling and testing required;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in providing and managing HIV Testing and Counseling Services;
- Up to date with latest developments in HIV Prevention programming in general;
- Good community mobilization skills;
- Ability to prioritize work according to importance and deadline while meeting conflicting work demands;
- Possesses initiative, patience, tact, and able to work with minimum supervision;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in all aspects of working;
- Ability to work effectively in a team and support others in their work;
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, internet etc.
Pathfinder International is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: