PATH Job Vacancy 2018 for Program Assistant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for PATH Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
PATH Job Vacancy 2018
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Advocacy and Public Policy (APP) department works to improve global health by increasing awareness and support of global health priorities and evidence-based policies among policymakers, coalitions and other influential individuals and groups. PATH’s APP department is seeking to hire a Program Assistant to support advocacy and policy initiatives in the areas of the continuum of care for maternal, newborn, and child health and immunization; as well as global health research and development (R&D) in Kenya.
The position is funded through the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which supports advocacy projects in Kenya, Democratic Republic of Congo, South Africa, and Uganda, the United States, Europe and at the multilateral level.
The Program Assistant will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and will report to the Regional Advocacy Director.
The Program Assistant will support the Regional Advocacy Director and PATH’s regional engagement, including providing logistics for meetings and conferences across the region.
Specific Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide meeting planning and logistics Activities may include scheduling internal and external meetings, workshops, and other events as necessary, as well as coordinating event-related logistics, maintaining database of project contacts, and drafting meeting notes and coordinating review, distribution, and filing.
- Provide general administrative support to maintain coordinated and organized team logistics. This may include working closely with the APP program team and the project administrator to initiate the procurement process for project activities, the maintenance of a shared team calendar for APP staff in Kenya,, Uganda, South Africa and DRC, assisting APP staff with travel planning arrangements and post-travel reimbursements, including cheque requests, meal conference forms, etc
- Coordinate procurement of both services and supplies and working closely with the procurement and operations team to manage vendors and suppliers.
- In consultation with relevant staff, plan and coordinate the production and distribution of monthly activity reports and other communications materials as requested. Additional responsibilities will include liaising with Washington, DC based APP staff and relevant country staff on PATH branding standards and coordinating review processes for publications developed by the APP Kenya team.
- Work with the project PADM to provide support with financial engagements for APP (50%Provide support to special events, workshops and conferences as may be needed, both to support the Kenya program as well as for regional APP events (for example, Learning Labs)
- Maintain the electronic and paper filing systems to ensure information is readily and easily accessible. This will include regular updates of assigned email distribution lists.
- Coordinate with full APP Department staff to ensure smooth coordination of administrative tasks between the Washington, DC and other country offices as assigned.
- Liaise with other country teams to identify other areas where additional administrative support may be required.
- A minimum of three years of directly related administrative and program support experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic research skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with multiple teams across diverse background
- Strong organizational skills.
- Adaptable to changing priorities.
- Effective time management.
- Experience working under deadlines.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in English, including excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prior experience working with the APP team and familiarity with APP work
- Demonstrated prior experience supporting large meetings and managing muti-country travel planning as well as working with multiple vendors is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to PATH career website on path.silkroad.com to apply
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More