PATH Job Recruitment 2018 for Study Coordinator
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
We are committed to excellence in our research, and to working with vulnerable populations with the utmost respect and care. We require all team members to provide ethical and respectful services to vulnerable, key populations, and to maintain flexible hours in order to interface effectively with international partners.
We seek to recruit a Study Coordinator for our research team based in Homa Bay and Kisumu. The Study coordinator will be responsible for overseeing all daily study operations in Homa Bay and Kisumu,including supervising study personnel,maintaining up-to-date study protocols and approvals, and liaising with key stakeholders, both locally and internationally.S/he will must be self-directed, working with minimal supervision, and must be committed to providing services and care for vulnerable populations, s/he will report to the Study Manager and Principal Investigator. This Position will be based in Kisumu.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate the development of the study protocol and tools.
- Training staff at study sites.
- Ensure necessary local ethics review board approvals and renewals are obtained for the study and managing study ethics and human subject protection.
- Participate in database development and management.
- Coordinate all meetings required for the success of the study.
- Ensure that necessary supplies/materials are in stock for study implementation.
- Serve as the liaison between the study team, the study Principal Investigator (PI) and collaborators.
- Oversight of study implementation at study sites.
- Coordinate and participate in the data analysis and report writing activities.
- Preparation of study research reports.
- Oversight of study advisory board (CAB) and safety monitoring board (SMB).
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine (MBChB or equivalent). At least 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role preferably in a health sector or any other related field.
- Prior experience as a research Study Coordinator or Assistant Study Coordinator – mandatory.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practioners and Dentists Board.
- Certification in Human Subjects Protection and Good Clinical Practice.
- Experience with HIV research, antiretroviral therapy (ART), and HIV testing and counseling (HTC) programs.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, coordinate, and accomplish research activities.
- Strong analytic, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain flexible work hours, including occasional nights and weekends, in order to interface with key and priority populations and international partners.
- Familiarity with smart phone technology for data collection, including ODK.
- Attention to detail and good work ethic.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Respectful, punctual, hardworking, and conscientious.
- Responsive to multiple communication modalities with international team members.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a collaborative team.
- Experience working with key and priority populations.
Must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location Kisumu, , Kenya Company Location Kenya, Kisumu Position Type Full-Time/Regular
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: