PATH Job Recruitment 2018 for Senior HRH Officer
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
HIV Service Delivery Support Activity (HSDSA) Cluster 1 is a USAID funded project covering Homa Bay, Kisumu, Migori, Kisii and Nyamira counties. The purpose of this project is to provide key clinical support to the Government of Kenya national HIV response with the overall goal of increasing access and coverage for HIV prevention, care and treatment services towards achieving the ’90-90-90′ targets.
We seek to recruit a Senior HRH Officer who will partner closely with the project teams and the Counties HR teams to ensure that the project HR for Health mandate at project and County level is implemented efficiently. The Senior HR Officer will manage a team of HR Officers and through this team, proactively reach out to provide HR support to the health workers through a variety of innovative methods. S/he will be the HR point of contact to provide information on the contract staff to the project office. S/he will ensure proper running, documentation and monitoring of all Health workers contracted by the project.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Partner with the county health HR unit in all HR issues relating to the staff contracted to provide support to and enable service delivery in project supported sites.
- Provide oversight and coordination in the county recruitment processes i.e. participate in drafting job advertisements for vacant positions, screening applications, short listing, interviewing and deploying heath workers to project supported sites for efficient service delivery.
- Work closely with the project as well as HR team to support the Hiring Managers of new staff to prepare orientation programs to ensure the new hires have well rounded orientation on PATH projects and policies
- Take leadership in responding to all HR queries as well as provide first line support by responding to queries directly fielded by staff via phone or email. Ensure queries are addressed in line with stipulated turn-around times. Manage any emerging as well as existing HR concerns and provide internal communication support to Human Resource issues. Escalate issues that cannot be resolved.
- Actively participate in HR audits, ensuring that contracts and other relevant documents are filed and retrieved in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance to enable support and management of contract health workers in the county i.e. onboarding, supervision, timesheet management, grievance handling and their smooth transition to the respective counties. Management of timesheet processes include receipt, recording, tracking, and stamping, onward transmission for payroll processing.
- Validate payroll data, timecards, and provide refresher training to teams as appropriate.
- Oversee teams to ensure accurate tracking and monitoring of all types of leave for staff and reconcile with timecards before submission and filing. Ensure data quality measures are adhered to during data collection. Provide support supervisors to monitor team effectiveness and improve individual and team performance, while creating a culture of accountability.
- Oversee verification of staff presence at post on a weekly basis, in close liaison with project staff as well as facility in-charges. Conduct spot checks, scheduled site visits and other initiatives to ensure staff are accurately paid as per the days worked.
- Ensure timely communication and coordination with the HSDSA project and PATH on matters relating to contract workers transfers, disciplinary issues as well as work attendance monitoring.
- A Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, HR or related field.
- A higher diploma in HR Management.
- At least five (5) years relevant and progressive HR experience in Human Resource Management in a busy HR office.
- Familiarity with public sector HR issues.
- Ability to multi-task, handle pressure and work as a team player in a diverse working environment.
- Experience supervising teams.
- Flexible, detail oriented, adaptable to changing priorities to meet strict deadlines.
- Strong demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite required, additional software preferred.
- IHRM certified.
Must currently have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: