PATH Job Recruitment 2018 for Senior Director, Global Health Programs
This position can be located in any existing PATH office.
PATH is recruiting a Director of Health Programs to provide leadership to its health area program leaders and ensure scientific and technical quality across programs. This position supports health area program leaders in managing global relationships and oversees the development and implementation of Health Impact Team (HIT) strategies.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health. The Global Health Programs division brings together PATH’s deep country and technical expertise to improve the health outcomes of women and children.
- Provide leadership across the division to ensure timely and prudent decision-making, effective and efficient collaboration among matrixed teams, and best management practices.
- Lead and manage health area program leaders with input from peers, including hiring, onboarding, managing performance, coaching to develop talent, facilitating conflict resolution and serving as interim leader when needed.
- Provide thought leadership on innovative strategies to address evolving global health needs and increase PATH’s impact.
- Model PATH’s values and people philosophy.
- Develop (and help others also develop) sustainable relationships with donors, partners and governments to increase long-term impact.
- Highlight PATH’s contributions and impact through managing media and public relations across health area programs in collaboration with PATH’s communication experts and health area and country teams.
- Work with PATH leadership to effectively manage crises or conflicts across health areas.
- Represent health area program needs internally and externally through advocacy, data-driven recommendations and collaborating across the organization.
- Oversee development and implementation of HIT strategies.
- Ensure scientific and technical quality across the division; conduct scientific and technical review of proposals and key deliverables; facilitate systematic portfolio/program reviews.
- Lead collaboration with other divisions and teams, such as Essential Medicines, Technology, Development and Introduction (TDI) and Applied Analytics.
- Represent Vice President of Global Health Programs as needed.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience with progressive responsibility leading and managing public health programs with demonstrated impact.
- Advanced degree in science, public health or related field.
- Proven track record of developing strong leaders and effectively managing performance.
- Demonstrated success working effectively in a matrixed organization and managing large teams, preferably across multiple geographies.
- Proven business acumen, including experience in strategy development, implementing complex development projects, budgeting and financial management and business operations.
- Prior experience living and/or working in low income countries.
- Demonstrated success resolving conflict and working across cultures.
- Experience working in global health, including partnering with key stakeholders, fundraising with diverse donors, and designing, implementing, and evaluating health programs in low resource settings preferred.
- Experience working with the private sector in developing public/private partnerships to advance public health programs preferred.
- Legal authorization to work in the country where hired preferred.
- 30% domestic and international travel is anticipated; potentially more based on post location.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: