PATH Job Recruitment 2018 for Senior Director, Country Programs
This position can be located in any existing PATH office.
PATH is recruiting a Director of Country Programs to provide leadership to its country directors and oversee the development of country and/or regional business pipelines. This position is accountable for project execution and relationship management in the countries where PATH works.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health. The Global Health Programs division brings together PATH’s deep country and technical expertise to improve the health outcomes of women and children.
- Provide leadership across the division to ensure timely and prudent decision-making, effective and efficient collaboration among matrixed teams, and best management practices.
- Lead and manage country directors with input from peers, including hiring, onboarding, managing performance, facilitating conflict resolution, coaching to develop talent, and serving as interim country director when needed.
- Provide thought leadership on innovative strategies to partner with governments and other stakeholders that create new opportunities and increase PATH’s impact.
- Model PATH’s values and people philosophy.
- Develop (and help country teams also develop) sustainable relationships with donors, partners and governments to increase long-term impact.
- Highlight PATH’s contributions and impact through managing media and public relations internationally in collaboration with PATH’s communication experts and country and health area teams.
- Work with PATH leadership to effectively manage crises or conflicts at country level.
- Represent country program needs and help teams across all divisions better understand the country context.
- Ensure compliance and quality project execution; conduct review of proposals and key deliverables from country perspective and ensure effective project start-up.
- Facilitate systematic country portfolio reviews for senior leadership.
- Assess the evolving environment within global health to continually assess and recommend investment in new geographies or retraction.
- Inform the organizational strategy on local entities and oversee the establishment of new entities.
- Support country directors in execution of projects by ensuring early identification and resolving compliance and/or execution challenges.
- Represent PATH with global and in-country donors, governments and partners and support country directors.
- Represent Vice President of Global Health Programs as needed.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience with progressive responsibility leading and managing global health programs in Asia and/or Africa.
- Advanced degree in science, public health or related field.
- Proven track record developing strong leaders and effectively managing performance.
- Demonstrated success working effectively in a matrixed organization and managing large teams, preferably across multiple geographies.
- Proven business acumen, including experience in strategy development, implementing complex development projects, budgeting and financial management, compliance and business operations.
- Prior experience living and/or working in low income countries.
- Demonstrated success resolving conflict and working across cultures.
- Experience working in global health, including partnering with key stakeholders, fundraising with diverse donors, and designing, implementing, and evaluating global health programs preferred.
- Experience working with the private sector to develop public/private partnerships to advance public health programs preferred.
- Legal authorization to work in the country where hired preferred.
- 40% international travel is anticipated; potentially more based on post location.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: