Panalpina Group Job Vacancy 2018 for Documentation Clerk, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Panalpina Group Job Vacancy 2018Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Panalpina Group Job Vacancy 2018
The Panalpina Group is one of the world’s leading providers of supply chain solutions. The company combines its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor-made end-to-end solutions for eleven core industries. Drawing on in-depth industry know-how and customized IT systems, Panalpina manages the needs of its customers’ supply chains, no matter how demanding they might be. Energy and Project Solutions is a specialized service for the energy and capital projects sector. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 70 countries, and it works with partner companies in over 90 countries. Panalpina employs approximately 14,500 people worldwide who deliver a comprehensive service to the highest quality standards – wherever and whenever. We are looking to hire a Documentation Clerk to carry out the documentation tasks and ensure that they are executed correctly with accuracy and attention to detail within the set time lines. The areas are, but not limited to; document reception, document preparation and processing, customs entry processing and document delivery to the airline.
Req ID: 157844 –
Travel Required: None
Start Date: December 2018
- Work on the tasks within a team as per the SOPs assigned by the Documentation Supervisor
- To confirm the integrity and accuracy of all the necessary shipment documents at the various stages of documentation: reception, preparation, processing and finalization
- To ensure that all documents necessary to launch a customs entry are accurate and correct. If not, the discrepancy is to be reported to the supervisor immediately and to the subsequent relevant parties (ie, customer, B&P, OPS, Destination receiving office)
- To carry out the online customs entries in the KRA system and update on the statuses
- Assist with the communication of all shipment details to Customer, Airline and Forwarding Entities
- To confirm that the detail of every task is accurate, correct and up to date in forwarding system (CargoWise at time of writing). Reports KPIs and irregularities directly to the supervisor.
- To maintain shipment and flight files ensuring that they are up to date and flight files are stored correctly in the archive store.
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor, Coordinator or manager of the specific area where they are currently working and/or the management.
- Perform assigned tasks to support Panalpina meets its objectives and targets regarding quality, health, safety and environment as documented in IMS and follow all requirements as set out in the QHSE policy.
- It is the responsibility of all staff to ensure that their day to day activities embrace sustainability/Health and safety therefore reducing the impact upon the environment, supporting the communities we work in and reducing incidents in the workplace
- level (KCSE C+)
- Further certification or training in any relevant Commercial Course / Logistics or supply chain management, preferably with customs procedures included will be an advantage
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Hands on experience of at least 1 (one) year and above
- Capable to make informed judgements and to generate practical, timely solutions
- Ability to find pragmatic solutions by using decision making techniques
- Ability to communicate openly and confidently
- Willingness to engage in constructive confrontation
- Ability to clearly and concisely present both written and/or oral information
- Customer focus (monitors customer expectations continuously and is willing to adapt own activities/procedures)
- Readiness to continuously focus on identifying and meeting customer current and future needs
- Readiness to provide alternatives and optimized solutions to the Customer
- Ability to establish a successful long-term business partnership with internal and external customers
- Ability to work with different cultures and to manage cross functional interfaces
- High priority for teamwork
- Team player
- Capable to build strong and long-term team relationships within and across functions and geographical boundaries and based on ethics and trust
- Ready to take personal accountability for achieving individual and shared goals
- Time management (monitoring performance against deadlines and milestones)
- Act as a Role Model for Corporate Values and fully adhere to the Code of Conduct
- High energy and resilience
- High commitment and positive attitude in the face of setbacks and obstacles
- High stress level (Ability to work under pressure and deal with tight dead lines)
- Be authentic, approachable, open and honest.
- Written & spoken English
- Written & spoken Swahili
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Panalpina career website on jobs.panalpina.com to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: