Pan African Climate Justice Alliance Job Vacancy For PACJA Office Administrator, Application details
The adoption of the Paris Agreement and subsequent ratification by countries ushered in a new era in the international climate change dialogue processes, shifting the focus from negotiations to implementation. Coming with the Paris Agreement was the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs), a set of voluntary actions each country is supposed to undertake in their transition to low-carbon, climate-resilient green development trajectories.
This massive transition requires institutions with desirable capacity and requisite human resource.
We at PACJA believe that building a critical team of Africans drawn from communities at the frontline of climate change impacts – smallholder farmers, pastoralists, marginalized groups, women, youth, etc – and giving them a voice constitute a major path towards resilience-building and climate justice. It begins with our practice and processes we are involved in.
We practice what we preach. Our membership and employees uphold the highest level of commitment to the values of a just society espoused by our vision, mission, and objectives. And in broadening our outreach, we seek to increase our workforce by recruiting self-motivated individuals to fill the following vacancies.
The Office Administrator is a hands-on role that is primarily meant to ensure that all the actionable points that may include planning logistics in activities, document preparation, item delivery, activity scheduling are met on time and in an efficient manner.
Table of Contents
Office Administrator Job Responsibilities:
- Execute administrative related tasks, under supervision of the Human Resource and Administration officer
- Make all administrative information available to the staff (meetings, workshops etc.)
- Undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff have adequate support to work efficiently.
- Man the front office and ensure all visitors are assisted promptly and professionally. Responding to queries.
- Managing correspondence and dispatch both internal and externally. Liaising with various service providers.
- Set up and arranges meetings, facilities travel tickets, accommodations, etc as required.
- Maintain files, materials, information, schedules and related data.
- Maintains office hygiene. Support staff on administration and operational issues.
Qualifications for the Office Administrator Job
- A Bachelor’s Degree or a Higher Diploma in Administration or Secretarial studies;
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant experience
- Punctuality, intellectual curiosity, willingness to take initiative, multi-tasking, and willingness to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French is desirable.
- Additional qualification in office management, logistics and events management and accounting preferred.
- Experience within the Not for Profit sector, coalitions and familiarity with different cultures will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
All positions are based in Nairobi, Kenya and thus non-Kenyan applicants will need to be in possession of, or be eligible to receive a Kenyan Work Permit. The salary is pegged to the Kenyan National NGO pay scale. PACJA will not provide for relocation costs. Interested candidates who meet the above criteria may email a motivational letter and detailed professional resume to email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org(Quoting Job position on the subject). Deadline for all applications will be closed on 24th December 2017. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: