Pan African Climate Justice Alliance Job Vacancy For PACJA Communication Assistant, Application Details
The adoption of the Paris Agreement and subsequent ratification by countries ushered in a new era in the international climate change dialogue processes, shifting the focus from negotiations to implementation. Coming with the Paris Agreement was the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs), a set of voluntary actions each country is supposed to undertake in their transition to low-carbon, climate-resilient green development trajectories.
This massive transition requires institutions with desirable capacity and requisite human resource.
We at PACJA believe that building a critical team of Africans drawn from communities at the frontline of climate change impacts – smallholder farmers, pastoralists, marginalized groups, women, youth, etc – and giving them a voice constitute a major path towards resilience-building and climate justice. It begins with our practice and processes we are involved in.
We practice what we preach. Our membership and employees uphold the highest level of commitment to the values of a just society espoused by our vision, mission, and objectives. And in broadening our outreach, we seek to increase our workforce by recruiting self-motivated individuals to fill the following vacancies.
Position Summary: Documentation and ensuring branding and compliance issues related to internal and external communication are adhered to. Prepare reports, project briefs, technical briefs and communication materials as required.
Responsible for relevant social media management and website content management.
Table of Contents
Communication Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Edit and proof-read all communication materials before they go out for print and ensure effective dissemination of all materials based on strategic dissemination plans
- Formulate Quarterly Newsletters, annual reports for the PACJA project in consultation with the Knowledge Management Officer. Budgeting for the communication and documentation activity along with a detailed work plan with timelines.
- Data Management of all communication activities as well as organized concurrent evaluation to understand the impact of the activities carried out by the programme/ project teams
- Monthly and programmatically submit reports and provide weekly updates. Ensure the baselines are understood and required analysis is made.
Qualifications for the Communication Assistant Job
- Bachelors in Communication, Journalism, or any other relevant studies.
- Punctuality, intellectual curiosity, willingness to take initiative, multi-tasking, and willingness to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French is desirable.
- 3 years of experience in developing communication aids, strategy development, documenting projects.
- Demonstrated high-quality writing, editing, and proof reading skills.
- Desirable Knowledge of networking desirable
How to Apply
All positions are based in Nairobi, Kenya and thus non-Kenyan applicants will need to be in possession of, or be eligible to receive a Kenyan Work Permit. The salary is pegged to the Kenyan National NGO pay scale. PACJA will not provide for relocation costs. Interested candidates who meet the above criteria may email a motivational letter and detailed professional resume to email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org(Quoting Job position on the subject). Deadline for all applications will be closed on 24th December 2017. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: