Oxfam NGO Job Vacancy 2018 for NGO Extractives Strategists, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Oxfam NGO Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Oxfam NGO Job Vacancy 2018
Since the discovery of commercially recoverable oil resources ¡n 2012, Kenya has inched closer to selling its first barrel of oil on the international market with full field development oil production expected to begin in 2021 and an early oil pilot scheme (EOPS) that kicked off ¡n 2018.
These oil resources hold the promise of significant revenues and an opportunity to strengthen economic growth and broad based social development.
To ensure that the country gets optimal benefits from its petroleum resource endowment, the government needs to see through a set of reforms….
If you believe that Kenyans must be adequately informed about projects that affect their lives and livelihood, in a timely manner, free of coercion and manipulation and be given the opportunity to approve or reject a project prior to the commencement of all activities; then there ¡s now an opportunity to be part of a team that envisages a transformed Kenya society in which citizens fully participate ¡n decision making processes on issues that affect their lives and can be heard.
Here is how you would make a difference:
As the Extractives Strategist, you would have the opportunity to design and implement the programme as well as pilot innovations and innovative programme approaches. You would take the lead in resourcing the programme, working with and building key strategic partnerships, coalitions and networks and support partners with capacity building to create sustainable change in the Extractives Industries space.
This role would require you to collaborate with the other thematic areas such as Tax Justice, Women’s Rights and Humanitarian, the campaigns team, policy influencing and Knowledge Hubs in finding integrated ways to challenge poverty, injustice and inequality in Kenya.
The role would require you to infuse your energy, passion and commitment to the programme/project staff that you would manage.
Extractives Strategists Job Qualifications
- An Undergraduate / Post Graduate in a development related field e.g. International Development, Development Studies, Sociology, Economics and/or at least 5 years’ experience ¡n a similar programme role.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of implementing Extractive Industries programs and initiatives
- Good knowledge of and experience in developing advocacy and campaign strategies and plans and successfully achieving external impact and change.
- Have proven ability to engage and influence both development and corporate direction, contributing to and following it as appropriate and the ongoing development of program policy and quality to enhance the impact of Oxfam’s work.
- Being analytical and conceptual thinker, have high level research, project management knowledge and skills and experience using participatory tools and methodologies for assessment, programme identification, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Have excellent knowledge of the Kenya socio-political and economic environment and issues, supported by personal exposure through having worked and lived there.
How to Apply
If you are the candidate Oxfam is looking for, please download the full job description and apply online at https://bit.ly/2P9zo1m REF INTXX.
The closing date is 1st November 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
At Oxfam, we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us.
Oxfam is committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: