Optiven Limited Recruitment 2018 for Project Accountant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Optiven Limited Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Optiven Limited Recruitment 2018
This position is responsible for the Finance & Accounting function in the site projects to ensure sound Financial Practices with adequate internal controls are in place.
Responsibilities for the Project Accountant Job
Planning and Budgeting
- Provide input during the budgeting process for the assigned projects.
- Coordinate the planning and budgeting process to ensure quality and realistic budgets are developed
- Ensure Planning & Budgeting guidelines are adhered to
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines and other standards
- Conduct financial analysis for management decision making.
- Develop realistic cash flow forecasts in line with the plans
- Participate in proposal writing and grant budget development.
- Periodically monitor and advice management on budget utilization
- Prepare financial data transactions into the Accounting System.
- Prepare and submit accurate project funding requests.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements monthly
- Prepare financial analyses for management decision making
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely financial reports.
- Management of balance sheet accounts
- Ensure safe custody of cash and relevant books .i.e. .cheque booK
- Ensure maintenance of up to date records of cash disbursement
- Cash flow management to ensure compliance with targets.
- Maintain an accurate and updated fixed assets register for the Projects.
- Ensure that assets are properly utilized and safe guarded.
- Any other duty as assigned by management.
Project Accountant Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Commerce, Business management/ Administration with specialization in Finance or Accounting
- Must have a minimum (CPA) Part II
- Minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience. Those with real estate experience will have an added advantage
- Professional membership with a recognized body is an added advantage
- Knowledge of one or more accounting system i.e. QuickBooks, Sage Pastel and or Navision
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Strong budgetary and financial management and analytical skills.
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills
- The person must be results oriented and a team player.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Integrity, commitment and respect for diversity
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Computer literate.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (PROJECT ACCOUNTANT) to [email protected] by 30th June 2018. N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: